ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call July 14 2004

Dear all
please find below a copy of the Minutes of our Atlantic call. Our next
meeting will be at the usual time next week.
15H00 - 17H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 21 JULY 2004
    08h00 - 10h00 Wed San Francisco
    11h00 - 13h00 Wed Washington
    16h00 - 18h00 Wed London
    STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
    U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
    Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
    Access code: 5705229

1. Roll call and welcome by the moderator (Mavis)
Mavis Cournane
Jon Bosak
Anne Hendry
Jessica Glace
Lisa Seaburg
Sally Chan
Alan Sitzer
Marion Royal
Tony Coates
Mike Grimley
Paul Thorpe

Regrets

Mark Crawford
Oriol Bausa
Sylvia Webb
Michael Dill
Ken Holman

    Text in {braces} refers to items in the work list at

       http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/worklist.xls

    You should refer to the latest version of this file just before
    the meeting begins.  The reference format is

       {Sheet_Name:line_number}

    where "Sheet_Name" is "UBL10", "Teamwork", etc.

STANDING ITEMS

{Standing_Agenda:6}  Calendar review
                      JG: Check with organizers of OTA conference
In progress
                      (October in Chicago)

{Standing_Agenda:7}  Event reports
No change

{Liaisons:7/8} SP/MR: Any news relating to TBG or TBG17?
AS: The TBG 17 review of comments is done. The agenda is set for
Copenhagen.
Michael Dill is putting everything into EDIFIX and then all the new
submissions will be reviewed.
TBG 1, UBL and Insurance will be reviewed in Copenhagen the week before
the UBL meeting.

Any other liaison reports?
None

SUBCOMMITTEES AND WORK TEAMS

{Teamwork:3} HISC
Deferred
{Teamwork:4} SSC
Deferred
PRIORITY ITEMS FOR THIS MEETING

{Documents:7} Code list specification -- Design: code list extension
               TC and MB: Meet offline and report back 20040630

TC indicated that discussions have begun via email. Both himself and MB
are working together to align
their differing views on what a successful outcome should be.

{UBL10:3} Public comment log
           BM: Persistent location?  Or just part of issues list?

All the comments have been posted in a message by Bill. We now have our
log for this and its
persistent location is its attachment to Bill's message.

{UBL10:4} Issues list
           TC: review categorization

The current categorization was accepted for now and will be reviewed as
we go through the list.

{UBL10:6} Issues review
Review continued. See issues list for further details.

{UBL10:11} IP notice
            JB: Send notice to TC
Outstanding
{Meetings:5} TC: Identify agenda items for Copenhagen
              (For example: relationship with UN/CEFACT)
JB: At the Copenhagen meeting as much time as possible will be reserved
for issues that can best
  be addressed face to face. So far on the agenda will be the following:

- UBL's relationship to UNCEFACT
- QA Methodology for UBL 1.1
- The role of specific tools like EDIFIX in our work
- Localisation

We will have Korean and Japanese in terms of localization
representatives.

AH: There may be some things on UBL DEV that have been raised that
might need discussion.

WORK LIST ADDITIONS