ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Re: what to do about namespaces in schemas

On 07/19/2004 01:19 PM, MCRAWFORD@lmi.org wrote:
> The committee drafts are just that- drafts. Specification is reserved
> for those that complete the oasis process.

If we are talking about *the* document that will be presented for OASIS
membership approval as an OASIS Standard, then it has to follow the
naming rules contained in RFC 3121 (http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=3121)

I thought we were talking about *the* document. I've also just gone and
re-read the RFC, which I should have done to begin with...

The URN should be:

urn:oasis:names:specification:<specification-id>:schema:xsd:1.0

Note that <specification-id> should be provided by OASIS. I certainly
believe that "ubl" is appropriate, but we should make sure that Karl
Best is aware of this and approves of it as specification-id; I may
be rehashing things...

Note that OASIS (Karl) should assign type and subtype, but I believe
using schema:xsd should not be a problem.

Note that it should say "1.0", not "1:0", I believe (although
the RFC could be read as saying that <document-id> [which is what
this would be] should be provided by OASIS too.)

Sorry if this introduces even more confusion.

If we are not talking about *the* document then the urgency of
getting it right decreases, even though it would indeed be nice
getting it right.