ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Groups - europa.eu.int/ISPO/ida/jsps/index.jsp uploaded

Peter

I'm impressed by the detail of the IDA gap-analyses. These deserve
considerable attention.

I think the IDA have perhaps missed significant entities in the UBL order
and invoice, perhaps
working from an early version of UBL. They report 'Not managed' in UBL
regarding such things
as other document references in invoice lines which the work (that mentioned
in the reports which involved
the UK Gov, Mike Adcock and myself and a colleague) we did with the UK Gov
ensured were
included after version 0.7 (such as purchaseOrderID, receiptID and
ReceiptLineID which are definitely
present at line level and document level in UBL as
cac:InvoiceLine/cac:OrderLineReference/cac:BuyersLineID
etc). Perhaps I've missed something. This just emphases the need to spend
time reviewing this work.

To quote the IDA article:
"The specification has been greatly inspired from the OGC model developed by
the Office of Government
Commerce in the UK, the eHandel model developed in Norway and the UBL
standard edited by OASIS. It
describes business processes involved and data models using UML diagrams."
Behind this was extensive
comparative work by UBL's business modeler Mike Adcock working together with
the UK Office of
Government Commerce regarding UBL. I took the results of the analysis and
was allowed by UBL to ensure that it
was largely incorporated, within the UBL decision process, into UBL beta and
beyond.

The cover article may give the impression that the IDA models have been
defined already as XML by calling
the work 'XML schemas initiative' but as I understand it there have not been
Schemas written and maybe
these can be produced as UBL Schemas. I hope that can be discussed in IDA
and in UBL. The timing for
this would seem to me to be ideal at present to ensure that the is a concert
of effort from Atlantic and
Pacific groups to ensure maximum suitability for use internationally or
globally.

Thank you. This news cames as a great encouragement.

Stephen Green