ubl message

Subject: A few brief items

Hello UBL TC,

It's taken me most of the morning to get my laptop to boot up, and
I'm not sure how much longer it's going to last, so I thought I'd
better fire off a few items while I still had the chance.

1. TC meetings next week

   There will be no UBL TC meetings next week.  Our next TC
   meeting will be Monday 16 August in Copenhagen.

2. NDR checklist revision

   In the 5 August Pacific TC call I took an action item to spend
   part of the day Friday going through the 1.0 checklist to see
   what other rules might have to be changed to reflect our
   revised approach to URN namespaces.  If my laptop keeps
   working, you should see something on this subject (I'm not sure
   what yet) before I leave for Europe Saturday morning.  If you
   don't see anything on this subject by COB Saturday, it means
   that my system is down and that someone else will have to step
   in to get this done.

3. Communication blackout

   Regardless of my equipment situation, I will be incommunicado
   for several days after flying over to Europe.  So don't expect
   to hear anything from me between Saturday and Thursday.  I will
   be back online one way or another (using rented equipment if
   necessary) Friday 13 August.

Jon