ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 5 August 2004

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC THURSDAY 4 AUGUST 2004

ATTENDANCE

Jon Bosak
Stephen Green
Tim McGrath

STANDING ITEMS

{Standing_Agenda:6}  Calendar review

   Nothing new.

{Standing_Agenda:7}  Event reports

   Nothing new.

PRIORITY ITEMS FOR THIS MEETING

Issue a.3 (URNs)

   Agree with JB's summary.  Agree on "ubl" instead of "ubl1.0" in
   URN -- don't want to bind a document to a specific release; the
   URN is a pointer to a specific schema, so any info that's not
   essential to that schema should not be part of its URN.

   Do we keep the colons (in the part of the URN that's under our
   control)?  We used them in 1.0 CD, for example

      urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:codelist:documentstatuscode:1:0

   TM: No reason to have "codelist" in there anyway...

   SG: We do have a rule about this: CDLX.

   JB: The document-id is entirely ours, so we can use colons if
   we want to, but I'm really uncomfortable with leaving the
   colons in that document-id.

   TM: Agrees that we should not use colons.  The rules we need to
   review are the ones in the checklist.

   SG: CDLXX actually has a period instead of a colon... So the
   rules are inconsistent anyway.

   We agree that the CDL rules will have to be included in this
   review.  NDR experts have to look at any proposal to replace
   colons with periods.

   JB to spend Friday going through the checklist and pulling out
   the rules that appear to be affected by this.

Issue a.4

   Agree with Atlantic.

Issue 16.1 (on "pending" list)

   We agree that it's OK for the formatting spec to substitute
   cac:CountrySubentityCode when cbc:CountrySubentity is absent,
   but note that this is discretionary, not normative, and could
   be done differently in a different implementation.

Issue 19.1

   The missing diagram was actually included in TM's mail of 27
   July.

   JB to create the lo-res version and include both in the revised
   build.

Orphan issues

   The remaining issues on the "pending" list are there because SG
   sometimes addressed several issues with one fix but just logged
   the fix under one issue.  In fact, they have all been fixed.

   SG to prepare a list that associates each of these orphans with
   the issue under which it was logged.

Tim's availability for calls from Copenhagen

   Afternoons in Copenhagen are best.  Tuesday and Thursday
   mornings are bad, but TM will do his best to work around the
   schedule previously posted.

WORK LIST ADDITIONS

No new items.

OTHER BUSINESS

There will be no TC meetings next week.

SG: Much UBL interest in Europe.  Governments are eager to join up
electronically, and UBL+ebXML seems to be the way to do it.  We
should make accommodating their needs a priority for UBL 1.1.