ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Naming of the Order Response document type

Tim McGrath wrote:

> At a recent presentation on UBL I was asked if we were aware of the
> issues conerning naming our document type "Order Response".
> The questioner expressed a concern that there were global trade
> practice implications and we would be better to call this an
> "Acknowledgement of Receipt of Order".  Apparently this was suggested
> by  some authority in the United States.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this matter?  I cannot imagine what
> this means but I committed to get a response from the TC - so i would
> appreciate any input.

Acknowledgment of receipt is not a business message but a signal that
does not include a business document.  Please see ebXML BPSS for further
definition.  The acknowledgment of receipt signal indicates the receipt
of a request that has passed a syntactic check. It does not indicate the
request (in this case order request) has been handed over for processing
or is being processed. Thanks.