ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Question from TBG17

Marion,

After internal consultations with some of my other CCTS implementers,
LMI thinks it depends on how you are conceptualizing Regions.  If you
are thinking of a region of the world that crosses borders (e.g.
Sahara), then I think "Location. Details" is the proper object class.

However, when the concept would strictly apply within a country, we
think of Regions (e.g. US Northeast, EPA Region 4) and Districts (e.g.
3rd congressional district) as concepts for "CountrySubDivision.
Details".  For example, for SBA we have proposed BBIEs of:
 "Mine_ CountrySubDivision. Municipal_ Name. Text" and  "Mine_
CountrySubDivision. District_ Name. Text"
Though the latter was dropped when the state decided they were not going
to capture it for the particular report.

As for Timezone, we agree that  "Location. Details" is the proper object
class.

Mark
Mark R. Crawford
Senior Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC & Chair Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components

LMI Government Consulting
2000 Corporate Ridge
McLean, VA 22102-7805
703.917.7177 Phone
703.655.4810 Wireless
The opportunity to make a difference has never been greater.

www.lmi.org <http://www.lmi.org>