ubl message

Subject: New CD2 sanity check

Hello UBL TC,

Per instructions posted to the list 3 September and 5 September, I
have made the following changes to the CD2 image and uploaded the
result to our temporary working directory at ibiblio:

 - In index.html, changed the publication date to 5 September and
   revised contact info for Bill Meadows to remove reference to
   Sun Microsystems and change his email address to
   "meadows.bill@comcast.net"

 - Revised the NDR checklist in doc/ndr to remove NMS6 and apply a
   new date (2004-09-03) to the document

 - Replaced previous schemas in xsd and xsdrt with

      xsd: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200408/bin00009.bin
      xsdrt: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200408/bin00008.bin

 - Replaced previous examples with

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200408/zip00000.zip

   (although these appear to be the same files as in the last build)

 - Replaced asn/ASN.1-UBL-1.0.html with new version from

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200409/zip00000.zip

 - Replaced spreadsheets with

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200408/bin00015.bin

   and then replaced

      UBL-SpecializedDatatypes-1.0.sxc
      UBL-SpecializedDatatypes-1.0.xls

   with versions from

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200409/bin00003.bin
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200409/bin00004.bin

 - Installed revised /fs directory from

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/9047/fs-20040905-1840z.zip

The new build can be found at the same URLs used for the build of
20 August:

   http://www.ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/cd2-UBL-1.0.zip
   http://www.ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/cd2-UBL-1.0/

In addition to the schema validation performed by the SSC and
reported earlier by Anne Hendry, I have successfully validated the
example instances (and by implication, the schemas they reference)
using both msv and the latest evaluation version of the topologi
editor, which is available at

   http://www.topologi.com/download/trial_tpro.html

Note that the /fs directory is still out for review, so it may be
updated between now and our Atlantic TC meeting of 8 September.
We intend to sign off on CD2 during that meeting, so all active
UBL TC members should make sure to attend the call.  (We don't
need a quorum for me to propose the CD for a ballot, but it would
be good to know that we're all agreed on starting the process; if
we start later than 8 September, we will lose a month in getting
the CD to OASIS for consideration as an OASIS Standard.)  We also
intend to sign off on the start of balloting for the NDR CD at
that time.

Xenu reports several cases of anchors in the /fs directory
occurring multiple times; we decided quite a while ago to ignore
these.  It also reports one broken external link:

   http://www.untmg.org/downloads/General/approved/CEFACT-CCTS-Version-2pt01.zip

This link was valid when we published CD1, and my impression is
that it's broken now due to the current disorganized state of the
CEFACT site.  We can either update it to a link that happens to be
valid at the moment (if there is one), or we can just let it go;
after all, this is where the restored file may end back up anyway.

I find it puzzling that the zip file for CD2 is almost a megabyte
smaller than the one for CD1 (7798203 bytes vs. 8678614); if
anyone has a good explanation for this, let me know.

Jon