ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] New CD2 sanity check

At 2004-09-05 12:54 -0700, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>Note that the /fs directory is still out for review, so it may be
>updated between now and our Atlantic TC meeting of 8 September.

Two very minor changes will be forthcoming because I note that continuation
pages are missing from two of the example document types.

>Xenu reports several cases of anchors in the /fs directory
>occurring multiple times; we decided quite a while ago to ignore
>these.

I'm running Xenu 1.0u and I'm not getting this kind of report ... can you
characterize that which is referred to as an anchor occurring multiple times?

>I find it puzzling that the zip file for CD2 is almost a megabyte
>smaller than the one for CD1 (7798203 bytes vs. 8678614); if
>anyone has a good explanation for this, let me know.

The new FS directory is about 600K smaller than the old one because the
latest version of Antenna House XSL Formatter produces dramatically smaller
PDF files than the earlier version that was used.

I don't know where the other savings might be ... perhaps you can do tests
under Windows such as:

    dir *.gif /s | tail

to see, for example, a comparison of the graphic image sizes.

I did the following to find the PDF file difference:

    dir fs\*.pdf /s | tail

BTW, I have the CYGWIN package of GNU tools loaded since "tail" isn't part
of Windows.

I hope this helps.

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc