ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Pacific UBL TC call 7 October 2004

AGENDA FOR PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC THURSDAY 7 OCTOBER 2004
   17h30 - 19h30 Wed San Francisco
   08h30 - 10h30 Thu Hong Kong, Singapore, Perth
   09h30 - 11h30 Thu Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing
   STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
   U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
   Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
   Access code: 5705229

APOLOGY

   I apologize for not having done the minutes for the last two
   Pacific calls yet.  I will have them out before this conference
   call.

LOCALIZATION

   This is our monthly Localization call.  Localization chairs:
   please make sure that you have brief status reports in to the
   UBL TC before the call.

WORK LIST UPDATE

   The work list at

      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/worklist.xls

   has finally been revised.  It's still a bit rough, and I will
   probably continue to rearrange items over the next couple of
   weeks, so I'm not going to link to specific lines yet.  Please
   review this and be ready to add items if I've left anything
   out.

STANDING ITEMS

   Calendar review: http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

   Event reports (see calendar)

   Liaison reports

      Report on discussions with OASIS Tax XML TC; call for
         participation in joint team to work on XBRL in UBL

      eBSC representation after October

      Other liaison reports

   HISC report

   [SSC report: see below under "EDIFIX proposal"]

   Code List Team report

   TBG17 Liaison Team report

FOR DISCUSSION THIS MEETING

   EDIFIX proposal

      The SSC discussed this straw proposal last week:

         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ssc/200409/msg00009.html

      As a result of which, Sylvia Webb sent this diagram to the TC:

         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200410/msg00003.html

      Anne Hendry will be posting a report of the SSC discussion
      to the UBL list in time for this TC meeting.  We do not
      expect to resolve the issue this week, but we should discuss
      progress so far, ask questions, and provide input to SSC so
      that we can obtain a detailed plan.

   Process for working on proposed additions to UBL

      Preliminary brainstorming session ways to work through
      proposed additions to UBL.  I will take this as input for
      proposing some specific procedures.

       - How do we decide which new items will be included?  (Form
         an input team? Ask submitters to write proposals and have
         the TC decide? Let the chair decide?)

       - How do we get the submissions into shape for inclusion?
         (Form a team to work on each? Make the submitter do it?
         Call for participation from submitting organizations?)

       - Who reviews the submissions for correctness once they are
         in the proper form?  (The whole TC? A submission Q/A
         team?)

       - How does this tie in with the proposed EDIFIX-based
         development methodology for 1.1?

   Review of Atlantic call minutes (any items not previously
   discussed)

   Addition of new items to the work list

   Other business

Jon Bosak