ubl message

Subject: My original comments on aligning with ATG2 CCT schemas

Following the meetings this week I have been asked to resend  my
original comments on the alignment of ATG2 CCT schemas and UBL 1.0 ones.

The message can be found at:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200409/msg00000.html

However, some of this is now history as the ATG2 group have been
revising their draft schemas.  for exmaple, i have been informed that
some of these comments (such as the naming of attributes) are resolved.

My personal opinion is that we should aim to have one definitive set of
schemas (owned by ATG2) for UBL 2.0. The caveat on this is that we have
to support backward compatibility with UBL 1.0 documents. So in the
interim we need to work towards convergence both with the ATG2 (and OAG)
schemas as they develop.

--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
(coming soon from MIT Press)
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=632C40AB-4E94-4930-A94E-22FF8CA5641F&ttype=2&tid=10476