ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Re: [ubl-ssc] question on open alignment issues

Maybe this is a good time to remind of
Chee-Kai's list of 'inconsistencies' which may
need consideration at this stage (or soon).

lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200409/msg00056.html

All the best

Steve

>>> Anne Hendry <anne.hendry@sun.com> 12/01/04 20:43 PM >>>
Hi Sylvia,

Yes, this email was referring to the 1.0 issues list.  I went back and
looked at the last version of the issues list (published with the OASIS
spec - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200409/msg00035.html )
and the disposition was to change the order in the schemas (not the
ss).  It notes that this was done, as per David, on 22 July, becuase it
was in Stephen's 'to fix in schemas' list that he sent to David.  That
list is attached.  So I can't quite tell - are you saying now that
number b.1 was not done?  In looking at the schemas I see that the Code
attrs are in ccts table 8-1 order, but I do see that one of the attrs
for Identifier is not in ccts talble 8-1 order.

It would be good to clarify the current state of the schemas w.r.t. this
issue, because I think at the last F2F Tim agreed to chaange the order
of the attrs in the ss, so if he does make that change and the schemas
are not in sync, then this is for naught (and I'm not sure, based on
logic and Mark's comment that this is a path we want to go down anyway).

I brought up the question because I noted that in Michael's original
issue submission he only talked about these two types, but in further
investigation I found nother that was not in ccts table 8-1 order (as
noted in my original email below), so now I'm really wondering what
we're doing.  I'd like to clarify this by asking the following
questions, which can probably only be answered by Michael, David, and/or
Stephen, Mark, Tim:

1. For what reason would we want to strive to represent the schema
attributes in an order similar to CCTS 2.01?
2. For what reason would we want to strive to represent the ss
attributes in an order similar to the schems, or to CCTS 2.01?
3. When you say, Michael, they are not as in CCTS 2.01, are you talking
about  CCTS 2.01 table 8-1?  Because in CCTS 2.01 table 8-2, which lists
all the ccts approved components, they are in a different order.
4. If we are to agree (again) that this is important (at least for the
schemas), who will volunteer to look at *all* of these types again in
the current schemas and make sure we are compliant with this request
(because obviously the first list submitted with the issue was incomplete)?
5. Do we need a rule for this?

I'm hoping that issue related to maintaining some order relative to CCTS
as the spec moves forward will be addressed in the discussion of answers
to questions 1 and 2.

Let's try to get this nailed down now so we don't have to revisit.
Since this was originally Michael's issue, perhaps he can answer the
first couple of questions (sorry if this is a request for info already
given originally, but I don't think the main reasoning has been
adequately captured or conveyed - it's not in the issues list at least,
which just notes a difference, but not why this is a problem).

I'm cc-ing the main ubl list because this involves more than just ssc.

-A