ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 19 January 2005

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
16H00 - 18H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 19 JANUARY 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Marty Burns
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Mark Crawford (vice chair)
   Mike Grimley
   Anne Hendry
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)

      CSW XML summer school Oxford 24-29 July

   Liaison reports

      None.

   Subcommittee reports

      None.

   Team reports

      CodeList (MartyB): Sent out the revised doc with a request for comments.

ISSUES FOR DISCUSSION THIS MEETING

   Attendance for McLean TC meeting: Looking better than we
   thought.  We now expect the following attendees:

      Jon Bosak (chair)
      Marty Burns
      Mavis Cournane
      Mark Crawford (vice chair)
      Michael Dill
      Scott Edson
      Mike Grimley
      Betty Harvey
      Anne Hendry
      Sue Probert
      Marion Royal
      Ken Sall
      Paul Thorpe

   Several of these people will only be able to attend for part of
   the week, but we think that this is enough to get some serious
   work done.  Our preliminary agenda therefore includes the
   following:

    - NDR work, including a discussion of the CCTS schemas
      proposed by UN/CEFACT ATG2

    - SSC work, including EDIFIX training and UBL 1.0
      documentation

    - Content work, depending on TimM's availability [this was
      based on the mistaken assumption that Perth is currently 11
      hours ahead of D.C.; in fact, it's 13, which means that we
      will have TimM only for about an hour in the morning]

    - Review of the multilingual UBL 1.0 data dictionary

    - Review of Code List requirements

   JonB to check with TimM regarding availability by phone.

   MarkC to send the UN/CEFACT NDR document, to which the proposed
   CCTS schemas are appendices.

   We note that MavisC, MikeG, AnneH, and JonB are staying at the
   Marriott Courtyard on Chain Bridge Road.

NDR WORK SESSION

   Work continued on the NDR issues list under the direction of
   MavisC, who will issue a revision of the tracking sheet to
   reflect decisions made during this meeting.

OTHER BUSINESS

   We wonder why we haven't heard back from Jamie Clark regarding
   our decision to proceed with OASIS Standardization of UBL NDR
   1.0.

   JonB to ping Jamie.

   In preparation for the F2F, we will skip the Atlantic TC
   meeting next week, but the Pacific TC meeting will take place
   as usual.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC