ubl message

Subject: UBL NDR status; planned announcement later today

     Previously I advised this TC [1] that the UBL NDR v1.0 specification
received a favorable membership vote, and that, in response to a small
number of negative votes, the TC could by resolution either (a) request
that the work be advanced to OASIS Standard status, or (b) withdraw the
submission, or (c) submit an amended specification.
     I understand that the TC has acted by consent over e-mail to choose
option (a), based on the 3 January proposal made to the TC's e-mail list
[2], and the 12 January notice indicating that no objection was received
[3].
     Based on that, unless I receive any objections to this process by
e-mail today, I will announce the approval of the specification as an OASIS
Standard this evening (24 January, Pacific US time).
     Best regards  JBC

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00000.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00005.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00020.html

   ~   James Bryce Clark
   ~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
   ~   +1 978 667 5115 x 203 central office