ubl message

Subject: FW: OAGIS 9.0 Newsletter

Another implementation of ISO 15000-5.

Mark
Mark R. Crawford
Senior Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components

LMI Government Consulting
2000 Corporate Ridge
McLean, VA 22102-7805
703.917.7177 Phone
703.655.4810 Wireless
The opportunity to make a difference has never been greater.

www.lmi.org

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Connelly - OAGi [mailto:dconnelly@openapplications.org]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. Februar 2005 17:28
An: OAGIS Users Group
Betreff: OAGIS 9.0 Newsletter

OAGIS 9.0 is Coming Soon
===============

This is the first in a series of emails we will be posting regarding the upcoming release of OAGIS 9.0.  You will be hearing from us several more times so that you may plan based on this newsletter.

We are pleased to announce that OAGIS 9.0 is planned to be available by the end of March, 2005.  Since many of the resources working on OAGIS 9.0 are volunteers with day jobs, this could move into April, and we will keep you informed as work goes forward, but we wanted to make you aware of this for your planning purposes.

This newsletter will cover the overall scope and approach of OAGIS 9.0.  In future newsletters, we plan to pick a topic or two and drill down into a bit more detail on one or more of the many new features and functions you will find in OAGIS 9.0.

OAGIS 9.0 Scope and Approach
====================

OAGIS 9.0 is a major release that includes full support for the UN/CEFACT/ISO Core Components Technical Specification, CCTS 2.01, harmonized Core Components from UN/CEFACT TBG17, a great deal of new content, and technical improvements to better support Web Services and to make OAGIS easier to use.  A summary list of the scope is just below.

Summary of OAGIS 9.0 Scope:
====================

-Adoption of UN/CEFACT/ISO CCTS 2.01.
-Adoption and inclusion of the approved harmonized Core Components from UN/CEFACT TBG 17. (As they become available from TBG17)
-15 new nouns, include SalesLead, Opportunity, BillofLading, and CarrierRoute.  A full list is below.
-Adoption and inclusion of the Joint Automotive Data Model (JADM) - This will be in an OAGIS 9.0 Overlay coming soon after OAGIS 9.0.
-GET/SHOW Verb for all Nouns.
-Deprecation of 7 Verbs to simplify, down to 12 Verbs from the current 19 Verbs.
 NOTE: Some the statistics above may have minor changes as we get closer to the final ship date.
-Flat BODs for performance and easier use with tools and deployment.
-Minor enhancements for content and technical reasons.

We will be sending out a some more detail in future newsletters, and we will be covering these topics in full detail at our next OAGi Meeting, March 1-3.

You can view the agenda and register to attend on our web site at: http://www.openapplications.org/global/CurrentMeeting/currentmtg.htm

Remember that you do NOT have to be a member of OAGi to attend.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you there,

Dave

David M. Connelly
CEO, Open Applications Group
voice:   +1 770 943 8364