ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Pacific UBL TC call 14|15 February 2005

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 15 FEBRUARY 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Micah Dubinko
   Anne Hendry
   Tim McGrath
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)

      SylviaW: The next Tax XML TC meeting will be held in
      conjunction with the OASIS meeting in New Orleans. OAG will
      meet Feb 28 - Mar 2 in Florida.

   Liaison reports

      Tax XML TC (SylviaW): Most of the focus is on XBRL.  The TC
      decided that it did not have the resources to submit
      anything to UBL by the April deadline but hopes to catch up
      in UBL 2.0.  The TC has decided not to endorse OAGIS; this
      will be documented in their next position paper to the OECD.

      OAG (SylviaW): OAG is working on OAGIS 9; have not seen it
      and will not be able to attend the next meeting.  Note that
      GarretM is our liaison.  OAGIS 9 BODs will continue to be
      proprietary.

      X12 (SylviaW): X12 has not had a formal liaison with UBL for
      some time, but they want to find out the [X12] procedures
      for doing that.  They are talking about using the TBG CC
      library in their messages.

      AIA (SylviaW): Considering adoption of UBL and interested in
      status of UBL discussions with UN/CEFACT.

   Subcommittee reports

      HISC (MicahD): Did not hold a call last week but got work
      done anyway.  Have a skeleton draft for the input specs and
      will be discussing it in a call tomorrow.

      SSC (AnneH): Did not meet last week.

      At this point the group spun off into a brief discussion of
      workflow, based on comments by JonB regarding his notes from
      the EDIFIX training session in McLean.

      Agreed: The primary input mechanism to EF remains the
      spreadsheets.  Direct modifications to the EF model will be
      made only for small, individual changes.  The SSC will do
      periodic validation checks against spreadsheets in progress
      to identify potential problems.

   Team reports

      COML (TimM): Have completed another round of refinement.
      Crimson Logic have made some suggestions and are currently
      revising their requirements; aiming to have that work done
      in the next 2-3 weeks.  The project is on schedule.

      European Community input (TimM): The ad hoc IDA/OGC group
      has had two conferences and are now on a weekly schedule.
      The focus is on a common data model for government
      procurement.  The OGC team is preparing a gap analysis
      between UBL 1.0 and their requirements, while IDA is
      inviting Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and other countries to
      participate.  The result will be to bring a common set of
      requirements into UBL 1.1.  The group has decided to operate
      outside of OASIS and may have a life beyond this submission
      to UBL 1.1.  Some of this may supersede the previous input
      from the Swedish Association of Local Governments.

      TimM to mention to the group that we could use more UBL 1.0
      translations.

CONTENT WORK SESSION

      We don't have the updated content issues list we were
      expecting from BettyH.  The last list we have was sent on 16
      December.  It appears that there are only two items left
      from the old list that have not been decided, but we need to
      formalize our working method.  The list needs to be updated
      to include the results of more recent decisions made in the
      Pacific TC meetings.

FOR NEXT WEEK

   Two items from the SALG on which we're still awaiting feedback:

   1. Initial invoice tax amount, tax subtotal; the larger
      question is whether we should create a new doc type for
      credit note.

   2. Payment instruction ID (or payment number) in financial
      account.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC