ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] urgent ndr rules question/clarification

Folks

I agree it's great to hear from Arofan on this and thanks
too to Eduardo for emphasising the need to keep to
the original plan with the use of derivation in the minor
release for changes to types.

This now leaves SSC with the greater dependency on the
NDR folk to provide rules elaborating on these rules which
now have to be implemented in 1.1

The changes would put a lot of work perhaps in David's lap
for Edifix updates for Schema generation so it would have
been the original intention to ask for such NDR additions by
the earlier deadline which has now passed.

Incidentally, I've yet to receive the updated NDR for the agreed
changes (dig, dig)

Now it seems we have a window of opportunity to seek the
proper implementation of VER8 and VER9 for 1.1 if NDR folk
would provide the extra rules we need in time for the second
deadline or perhaps before that in view of the size of the changes
needed for Schema generation using both 'old' and new versions
of model data.

I think this is an exciting challenge because the benefits are
clear for the effort required - I think considerable added value
can be demonstrated both in UBL and in supporting tools.

All the best

Steve

PS  I think a review may be needed of the codelist question
in the light of the need to integrate any changes to codelists with
this particular requirement for minor version methodology

>>> <Anne.Hendry@Sun.COM> 25/02/05 00:12:15 >>>
Hi Arofan,

Thanks for your feedback.  Nice to know you're still lurking there!

I'm sure there will be some additional responses, but your comments
certainly help identify what we should be concerned about, and having
that background is really, really helpful.

Thanks again,

-Anne