ubl message

Subject: CCTS Spreadsheets Re: [ubl] Minutes of Pacific call 7|8 March2005

Folks

I attach UDT, SDT and CCT spreadsheets aligned with the
1.0 Schemas. Perhaps these could be a starting point for
the 'previous release' side of things with the 1.1 work.
They should be checked to see that they are indeed
1.0 Schema aligned. They include the differently highlighted
'Content' rows, marked as 'Content' as distinct from
'SupplementaryComponent'. The codelist prefixes are in
a separate column rather than separate rows, etc.

Adding a version column (say as column R) and populating it
with '1.0' for each of these datatypes (rows) and doing the same
with the other model spreadsheets might be a starting point for
the 1.1 model spreadsheets. Other decisions in the pipeline
(such as what to do about new change requirements C1 and C2)
may necessitate other new columns (e.g. for restriction values
to go into datatype documentation).

All the best

Stephen Green

>>> <jon.bosak@sun.com> 09/03/05 22:41:22 >>>
MINUTES OF THE PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 8 MARCH 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Betty Harvey
   Yukinori Saito
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)

      None.

   Liaison reports

      None.

   Subcommittee reports

      None.

   Team reports

      None.

UBL 1.1 SCHEMA GENERATION

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200503/msg00007.html

   SylviaW: We need a decision on whether to include both 1.0 and
   1.1 spreadsheets in order to deal with backward compatibility;
   both will be needed in order to generate schemas conformant to
   the NDRs.  Note that a lot of changes were made to the 1.0
   spreadsheets after publication of UBL 1.0 in order to align
   with the 1.0 schemas.

   Agreed: We do not have critical mass to address this issue
   today.

CONTENT WORK SESSION

   See minutes from last week for progress made in that meeting.

   SylviaW: The IDA process model shows a Rectification Advice.
   In North America we usually operate by exception, so it's not
   clear what this is.

   JonB: Presumably this will become clear as we receive input
   from the meetings with European stakeholders.  But we need some
   plan for how to proceed with the discussion of process model
   revision.

   Saito-san: We covered four out of the eight JPLSC proposals
   last week and should continue.  I will send a revised proposal
   in the next day or two.

   JonB: Will put this on next week's agenda after making sure
   that TimM will be on the call.

   Saito-san: Data dictionary: What needs to be checked?

   JonB: Just a quick check to make sure that I have not created
   any major errors (such as breaking the Japanese character set
   by normalizing all the fonts to Times New Roman).

   Saito-san: By "credits," do you mean who are the translators?

   JonB: Yes.

   SylviaW: Note interesting discussion of enumeration extension
   on xml-dev.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC