ubl message

Subject: Preliminary Agenda for Hangzhou Plenary, May 9-13 2005

Here is the initial agenda for the UBL Plenary in Hangzhou.  I welcome
any improvements.....

AGENDA FOR UBL TC MEETING IN HANGZHOU 9 MAY - 13 MAY 2005

MEETING LOGISTICS

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200504/msg00014.html

   Note that most participants will be staying at the venue:

      Hangzhou Huagang HNA Resort,
      No.1 Yanggongti, West Lake District,
      Hangzhou, 310007, P.R.China

EXPECTED PARTICIPANTS

      Tim McGrath(chair)
      Mavis Cournane
      Anne Hendry
      Thomas Lee
      Yukinori Saito
      Sung Hyuk Kim

TIME ZONE (UTC/GMT+8, Hangzhou, China)

   09h00 - 17h00 Monday in Hangzhou is:

      18h00 Sun - 02h00 Mon in San Francisco
      21h00 Sun - 05h00 Mon in Washington and New York
      02h00 Mon - 10h00 Mon in London
      03h00 Mon - 11h00 Mon in Paris
      09h00 Mon - 17h00 Tue in Hong Kong, Beijing, Singapore, and Perth
      10h00 Mon - 18h00 Tue in Tokyo and Seoul

TELEPHONE CONFERENCE INFORMATION

   We DO NOT intend to provide dial-in for members during the plenaries
at the number below.
   A number will be posted via email with any specific requests for
participation.

A/C POWER AT UBL MEETINGS

   Every participant using a device that consumes AC power is reminded
to bring a three-way tap to the meeting room in which he or she intends
to participate.
   Mainland China uses a variety of power plug designs so be prepared.

WINE AND CHEESE

   Our traditional wine-and-cheese party will be held Thursday evening.
However, in a break with tradition we shall rely    entirely on the
Chinese made product!

OBJECTIVES

   The primary objectives of this meeting are:

    - Hear reports from localization subcommittees and liaisons

    - Review UBL 1.1 requirements and schedule

    - Work of development of content models for UBL 1.1

    - Discuss deployment strategies for UBL in the Asia Pacific region.

    - Review of comments received regarding the UBL 1.0 International
Data Dictionary (IDD) CD

MEETING SCHEDULE

   This is an unusual plenary in that number of actual UBL members
attending will be smaller than usual.
   However we expect several new participants and observers.
   We plan to work in a single forum but the final work schedule and any
room assignments may be adjusted during the opening plenary.

   Mon 9 May 09h15-12h00 Opening plenary (note that we begin at 9:15)
                        Opening introductions
                        Welcome from CNIS
                        Address from the Chair (by telephone)
                        CNLSC report
                        JPLSC report
                            - JPLSC activities
                            - ECALGA/UBL mapping study
                        KRLSC report
                        ebXML Asia Liaison Report
                        Calendar review
                        Finalize work plan and room assignments
            12h00-13h30 Lunch
            13h30-17h00 Review of UBL 1.0 International Data Dictionary
(IDD)
            - Discussion of the different approaches to the scope of 1.0
translation undertaken by the different LSCs, lessons learned, plans for
the future, suggestions for the next version, etc.
            - Changes to the 1.0 IDD translations based on comments received
            - Suggestions for clarification of the 1.0 English data
definitions based on experience in translation, such changes to be
incorporated in UBL 1.1

   Tue 10 May 09h00-17h00 Content work for UBL 1.1(including lunch)
            - Regional content additions to UBL 1.1
            - Expanded process model
            - Requirements from Europe, Singapore, and the OASIS Tax XML TC
            - Input from Asian participants and Chinese guests

   Wed 11 May 09h00-17h00 Content work for UBL 1.1(including lunch)
            - Continuation of Teusday session

   Thu 12 May 09h00-12h30 Deployment Strategies for UBL in the Asia Pacific
            (lunch)
            14h00-17h00 Discussion of possible UBL transition to UN/CEFACT
            17h00-18h00 Wine and cheese/other things

   Fri 13 May 09h00-12h00 Closing plenary
            Plenary report
            Meeting schedules
                - August TC meeting (Ottawa)
            Other business
            Closing Address

Tim McGrath
Acting Chair, OASIS UBL TC

--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
(coming soon from MIT Press)
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=632C40AB-4E94-4930-A94E-22FF8CA5641F&ttype=2&tid=10476