ubl message

Subject: Minutes for Pacific UBL TC call April 25/26 2005

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 26 APRIL 2005

ATTENDANCE

  Tim McGrath(chair)
  Stephen Green
  Sylvia Webb
  Micah Dubinko

STANDING ITEMS

 Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)
- The NIST EBSC group will meet in Washington on May 6th Syvlia will attend
- The TaxML group will meet in Philadelphia on May 24-27th Syvlia will
attend

 Subcommittee reports
MD reports that HISC have published a Developers preview package and
want public feedback.  Please advise anyone who may be developing UBL
software to check this out and make comment to the SC See announcement
at: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200504/msg00047.html
.
 Liaison reports
TM reports that the Certificate of Origin project aims to have completed
their submission by April 28th.  It will include proposed extensions to
the UBL library expressed in UBL spreadsheets.
TM reports that the OGC/IDA collaboration team had a teleconference call
last week and discussed the outcome of their recent face-to-face
meeting.  They are optimistic they can complete their consolidated Gap
analysis at follow up meetings they are holding this week.  They are
unlikely to be able to present these as proposals to UBL, but rather as
a set of issues for discussion.  As such UBL will need to rely on
ongoing participation by individual member countries than under the
auspices of IDA (whose funding expires next month).

ACTION REVIEW (FROM LAST WEEK'S CALL)
 ACTION: SylviaW to convey our comments to the Tax XML TC at its meeting
this Wednesday and check to see whether final input will be delivered as
previously scheduled.

CONTENT WORK SESSION
 From last week's meeting: "The agenda for the content work session will
depend on new issues received during the week."
* definition of Base Price:  questions raised on ubl-dev.  we agreed
current UBL definition is lacking.  we propose to change this to
something like "Original price without any additional costs or
allowances for any product, service, or tax."  ACTION: TM to respond to
ubl-dev with this proposal.
* comments for Stephen Green about modeling issues with 2.0 schemas:
SG: has noticed inconsistencies and ambiguities in the modeling of BBIEs
in UBL 1.0 that affect the reusability of types in the schemas.  For
example, ReasonCodeType should really be AllowanceChargeReasonType
becasue it can only have values from the AllowanceChargeReasonTypeCode.
TM: recognized the issue as a broader concern and will open up a
discussion on the UBL list to determeine the most appropriate solution.
ACTION: TM to respond to ubl with summary of modeling issues.
TM: commented that despite the agreement to call the next release UBL
2.0 because the syntax chnages will break backward compatibility, we
should be very cautious of making changes that break the library's
backward compatibility.  Some of the anomalys and  inconsistencies in
UBL 1.0 will have to stay but we should direct our effort to making
future additions consistent.

NEXT MEETING
Pacific call schedule 3 May (2 May in the Americas).

--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
(coming soon from MIT Press)
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=632C40AB-4E94-4930-A94E-22FF8CA5641F&ttype=2&tid=10476