ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] ACC? AW: [ubl] PLENARY REPORT FROM THE UBL TC MEETING IN HANGZHOU 9 MAY - 13 MAY 2005

Mark

Greetings and apologies:
I went away to check the problems I'd been getting
with document schemas and their elements and
namespaces and (still learning here) I couldn't
replicate the problem. Instead I found a way to
declare everything as necessary. I've attached a new
prototype demonstrating this just in case problems
reemerge later.

I haven't tried the proposed inclusion of core
components but I hope this design I have here
(though the polymorphic aspects have yet to be
debated fully in the NDR team) could be a good basis
for looking at that. It makes sense to me to use
derivation to base all BIEs on CCs declared in a
core module. It would take some time to prove or
disprove so I wonder how it would fit with our
schedule (I had been under the impression, perhaps
wrongly, that we had to complete the NDR decisions
by 1st June but it has recently been appearing in
schedules as 1st July).

Still, I'd be eager to trial a schema design for
CC incorporation quite soon to get a better
picture of where we are at. Perhaps others would do
the same and share their findings with examples or
prototypes.

All the best and sorry to mislead on the namespace thing.
(I really had been getting problems on this but maybe it
was due to caching problems or something).

Stephen Green

PS
By the way this is how the Invoice schema looks (and this works):

<!-- ===== xsd:schema Element With Namespaces Declarations ===== -->
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
xmlns="Invoice-2.0"
xmlns:cac2-0="CommonAggregateComponents-2.0"
xmlns:udt="urn:un:unece:uncefact:data:draft:UnqualifiedDataTypeSchemaModule:
1.1.A"
xmlns:cbc2-0="CommonBasicComponents-2.0"
targetNamespace="Invoice-2.0"
elementFormDefault="qualified"
attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
version="2.0-prototype-ver-sdg-4">
<!-- ===== Imports ===== -->
<xsd:import
namespace="urn:un:unece:uncefact:data:draft:UnqualifiedDataTypeSchemaModule:
1.1.A" schemaLocation="../common/UnqualifiedDataType.xsd"/>
<xsd:import namespace="CommonAggregateComponents-2.0"
schemaLocation="../common/CommonAggregateComponents-2.0.xsd"/>
<xsd:import namespace="CommonBasicComponents-2.0"
schemaLocation="../common/CommonBasicComponents-2.0.xsd"/>
<!-- ===== Root Element ===== -->
<xsd:element name="Invoice" type="InvoiceType"/>
<!-- ===== Element Declarations ===== -->
<xsd:element name="AdditionalDocumentReference"
type="cac2-0:DocumentReferenceType"/>
<xsd:element name="DespatchDocumentReference"
type="cac2-0:DocumentReferenceType"/>
<xsd:element name="LineItemCountNumeric" type="LineItemCountNumericType"/>
<xsd:element name="ReceiptDocumentReference"
type="cac2-0:DocumentReferenceType"/>
<xsd:element name="TaxPointDate" type="TaxPointDateType"/>
<!-- ===== Type Definitions ===== -->
<xsd:complexType name="LineItemCountNumericType">
<xsd:simpleContent>
<xsd:extension base="udt:NumericType"/>
</xsd:simpleContent>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:complexType name="TaxPointDateType">
<xsd:simpleContent>
<xsd:extension base="udt:DateType"/>
</xsd:simpleContent>
</xsd:complexType>
<!-- ===== Aggregate Business Information Entity Type Definitions ===== -->
<xsd:complexType name="InvoiceType">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element ref="cbc2-0:ID"/>
<xsd:element ref="cbc2-0:CopyIndicator" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="cbc2-0:GUID" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="cbc2-0:IssueDate"/>
<xsd:element ref="cbc2-0:InvoiceTypeCode" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="cbc2-0:Note" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="TaxPointDate" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="cbc2-0:InvoiceCurrencyCode" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="cbc2-0:TaxCurrencyCode" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="cbc2-0:PricingCurrencyCode" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="LineItemCountNumeric" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:OrderReference" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xsd:element ref="DespatchDocumentReference" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xsd:element ref="ReceiptDocumentReference" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xsd:element ref="AdditionalDocumentReference" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:BuyerParty"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:SellerParty"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:Delivery" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:PaymentMeans" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:PaymentTerms" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:AllowanceCharge" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:ExchangeRate" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:TaxTotal" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:LegalTotal"/>
<xsd:element ref="cac2-0:InvoiceLine" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>