ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 20|21 2005

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 21 JUNE 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Micah Dubinko
   John Glaubitz (Tax XML TC)
   Stephen Green
   Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)

      TimM: Take the question mark off the July 1 event; it's set,
      and MikkelB will be there.

      KenH: Only three people have registered for the August TC
      meeting in Ottawa.

      JonB: This is typical, but it makes planning difficult.
      People intending to go to the meeting should let us know.

   Liaison report: Tax XML TC

      SylviaW: Due to a kavi mixup, the Tax XML TC did not meet
      last week as originally planned.

      JohnG: There will be a full TC meeting on 6/30, and we will
      put the UBL invitation to work collaboratively on the tax
      components of UBL 2.0 documents on the agenda.  We're also
      considering how best to work with UNeDocs.

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      KenH: We've enumerated our 2.0 tasks for the schedule but
      have not determined dates yet; we will discuss this in our
      meeting tomorrow.  What is the meaning of "phase 1 content"
      and "phase 2 content"?

      JonB: From the message containing the revised schedule:

       - The basic organizing principle on which this schedule is
         based is the division of the content deliverables into
         two phases.  Phase one includes the original UBL 1.0
         order-to-invoice documents plus the three (or so) new
         pre-order documents and the three (or so) new
         post-invoice documents needed to satisfy European
         e-procurement and taxation requirements. The specific
         document types to be added in phase one to implement what
         we've been calling the "extended process model" are
         expected to be agreed on by the end of the coming week.
         Phase two adds trade documents developed with the help of
         our members in Hong Kong and catalog documents developed
         with the help of our members in Denmark.  These additions
         are considered highly desirable for UBL 2.0 but will be
         included in the UBL 2.0 release only if we can do so
         without slipping the delivery schedule.

      TimM: Note that the "extended process model" should really
      be called the "extended procurement process model."

      KenH: We should add a phase 0 in which we use the existing
      UBL 1.0 models to set up our new geometry-based
      specification (or grid position methodology) for mapping to
      UNLK cells.

      AGREED that we will front-load the HISC work by using UBL
      1.0 as preliminary "phase 0" input, understanding that some
      1.0 content may change in 2.0 (with the delivery of phase 1)
      but believing that these tweaks will be relatively minor and
      consist largely or entirely of extensions to the 1.0 model.

      StephenG: Maybe we could do the same with the SBS for 2.0.

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      StephenG: Waiting on the TC now.  We have received a comment
      from Bryan Rasmussen asking for real content in example
      instances.

      ACTION: TimM to discuss the request for example instances
      with Saito-san in the Eurasia call.

   Team report: E-procurement (was European input)

      TimM: The group is on the line to deliver the extended
      procurement model this week.  Will be calling in to the F2F
      in London later today to check on this.  The final process
      will add 3-4 pre-order documents and 4-5 post-invoice
      documents to the UBL 1.0 set.  Plan is to publish the
      extended model to the UBL list following a meeting on
      Friday.  The group is also creating a white paper on the
      modeling of parties; there is general agreement that we need
      a formal mechanism for representing the roles that parties
      play in a process.  This is also on the agenda to finalize
      this week.

   Team report: Transportation (aka transport)

      TimM: DTTN (Hong Kong) and Crimsonlogic (Singapore) have
      established a meeting schedule, and we've held our first
      three-way meeting.  The task is to consolidate the
      Certificate of Origin with the massive DTTN model donated to
      UBL 2.0 and come up with a business process model for trade
      and transport that parallels the extended procurement model.
      The added documents for UBL 2.0 will be the CO plus Bill of
      Lading, Waybill, and Forwarding Instruction.  The model will
      be based on the work already done to incorporate CO, which
      was developed as part of an APEC Ecommerce Interoperability
      Project and will be used in a pilot project between Taipei
      and Singapore.  The group is aiming to have this work done
      within the UBL 2.0 schedule posted last week.

      TimM: It's been made clear to both the eprocurement and
      transportation teams that we will continue to rely on them
      to provide expert resources for UBL 2.0, including
      assistance for HISC.

      JonB: And we will similarly be relying on the participation
      of the Tax XML TC to get the tax-related data right.

   Review of Eurasia and Atlantic TC minutes

      No comments.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: JonB to schedule a discussion of CCTS compliance that
   will include MarkC and MichaelD.

      question (which arose out of email) is: in what way is 1.0
      not CCTS compliant, and how can we ensure that 2.0 is
      compliant?  Issues include ACCs and CC types.

      Discussion about CCTS schemas (which is a different issue).
      We think we decided earlier that we would use the ATG2
      versions; this will require changes to our NDRs.

      StephenG/TimM: Resolution needs to come before we decide
      about code lists and substitution groups.

      AGREED to modify row 4 of the draft 2.0 schedule for July to
      put ATG2 data type schemas at 7/11, substitution groups at
      7/18, and code list structure plus consideration of ATG2
      code list schemas at 7/25, with corresponding revisions to
      row 8.

      AGREED that we will use these three weeks (7/11-7/25) to
      explore the issues and aim for final resolution at the
      meeting in Ottawa, which will need to conclude with an
      approved list of schema programming changes, with editorial
      NDR work to follow the meeting.  It is understood that this
      is a very tight and tricky part of the schedule.

      AGREED that in order to expose NDR issues and front load the
      schedule, the current set of programming changes should be
      done using the ATG2 CCTS schema modules.

   ACTION: TimM to contact BettyH to arrange a return of the
   issues list to her care as soon as it has reached a stage where
   this is possible.

   ACTION: TimM to update PeterB on this preference for inclusion
   in the party white paper. [AGREED that it is better to model
   these roles as parties rather than addresses or contacts.]

      paper that hasn't been reviewed yet.

   ACTION: SylviaW to communicate this sentiment to the Indirect
   Taxation SC meeting this week.  [AGREED that we wish to involve
   experts from the Tax XML in helping with the design and
   describing how the general structures in UBL 2.0 can be applied
   to specific application scenarios.]

UBL 2.0 SCHEDULING

   AGREED that the work on customization in row 8 of the schedule
   for October should be moved to its own row; this discussion
   needs to include both NDR and the teams working on content.

CONTENT WORK

   SylviaW has updated the content issues list with Tax XML
   requirements and sent it to the list.

   TimM: (explains our suggested approach to taxation
   requirements; see previous TC minutes)

   JohnG: Implementation guides sound like a good way to approach
   this.  Tax XML TC will be discussing this next week to
   determine how we can help.

   ACTION: TimM and SylviaW to create a one-page briefing for
   input to next week's Tax XML TC meeting.

NEXT THREE WEEKS

   The tax-related content work breaks down into three categories:

      1. Parties

      2. Tax structure, including rates and amounts

      3. Line reporting

   We have the next three weeks to resolve this set of issues and
   define the new content model.  We will take one of these
   categories each week, as follows:

      27|28 June in the Pacific TC call

      6 July in the Eurasia work session

      11|12 July in the Pacific TC call

   PeterB owns the issues list for the moment; when that comes
   back, we need to add another item dealing with payment terms as
   reported by Oriol Bausa on the list last week.  We think we may
   already have discussed the inclusion of payment terms and
   payment means after the release of 1.0 in November.

   ACTION: SylviaW to find out where we stand with payment terms
   and payment means, TimM to respond to Oriol.