ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 27|28 2005

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 28 JUNE 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Micah Dubinko
   Stephen Green
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath
   Kumar Sivaraman
   Sylvia Webb

ADMINISTRIVIA: PHONE CONFERENCES

   Subject: How we're going to handle ad hoc scheduling
   of the UBL conference bridge.

   TimM: Beginning next week, both the procurement and the
   transport discussions will be regularly scheduled.

   AGREED that KenH will wait to see that schedule and then work
   the SC calls around it.

   AGREED that in general, an unscheduled time slot for the
   primary conference bridge will belong to the first group that
   announces its intention to use the slot on the ubl mail list,
   and that in case another group then needs to schedule a call
   for the same slot, they will contact JonB to arrange use of the
   secondary conference bridge.

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)

      SylviaW: No dates yet for the CEFACT forum March 2006.

   Liaison report: ebXML Asia Committee

      TimM: ThomasL reports that the eAC CC Task Group have asked
      for closer cooperation with UBL in the future.

      JonB: We would welcome a closer working relationship with
      eAC and await further details from Thomas.

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      KenH: The SC is taking a short break while MicahD awaits
      results of a last call to vendors for comments on the draft
      input specs.  ZarellaR and KenH have looked at the UNLK and
      will discuss their findings in a call 12|13 July.  The
      discovery of a published UNLK layout grid is expected to
      help the project.  KenH has been attempting to arrange a
      phone call with MichaelD, so far without success.  We have
      sent JonB the projected UBL 2.0 HISC schedule for inclusion
      in the schedule spreadsheet.  The SC believes that the UBL
      2.0 schedule is reasonable if sufficient expertise can be
      found to help explain UNLK mapping issues.  A request has
      been made to the ubl-dev list for volunteers to help with
      the mapping and for sample UNLK forms on paper.

      TimM: Will send some.  (We note that Ken's postal address
      can be found appended to any of his postings.)

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      We note that (as previously announced) comments are due in
      to the SBSC by 4 July and final approval has been scheduled
      for the Atlantic TC meeting 13 July.

      JonB: Personally, I'm inclined to trust the SBSC on this; if
      I don't get a chance to review the proposed SBS, I'll vote
      to approve it anyway.  But other people who have concerns
      should take a look now so that we don't run into any
      problems when we try to approve the package.

      StephenG: Have produced a set of example SBS instances and
      put out a request to the ubl and ubl-dev lists for more.
      Also interested in getting implementation guidelines from
      the Tax XML TC to see what's required for different tax
      environments.

      TimM (Referring to "ACTION: TimM to discuss the request for
      example instances with Saito-san in the Eurasia call"):
      MikkelB said he would ask BryanR to create some invoice
      examples.

      StephenG: Invoice is the most important one, so that would
      be very useful.  Have sent a request to BryanR.

      StephenG: We could use the UBL 2.0 SBS examples as the UBL
      2.0 examples; the examples could evolve into that as we
      receive input.

      JonB: And we could use the accompanying descriptive prose in
      the UBL 2.0 release as well; see the 1.0 package.  But the
      SBS examples and prose would have to come first in order to
      maintain the 2.0 schedules.

      AGREED that StephenG will update the UBL 1.0 example
      scenarios for UBL 2.0.

      ACTION: StephenG to provide an SBS timeline for the UBL 2.0
      schedule.

   Subcommittee report: SSC

      StephenG: Met this week; changes have gone to DavidK for
      updates to the schema generator.  We're hoping that he can
      implement these before he goes on holiday.  Note that we
      can't guarantee that changes resulting from the upcoming
      decisions about the Reusable architecture will be reflected
      in the spreadsheet I/O.  There may be a lag in
      implementation.

      JonB: So it's possible that not all the changes decided on
      by August in Ottawa can be implemented in time for the first
      schemas in September.  But note that this is not a
      showstopper as long as everthing is in place for the final
      schema generation in October.

      ACTION: SylviaW to find out where we stand with
      incorporating the spreadsheet changes [after Wednesday's
      discussion] and report back in the 12 July Pacific call.

      StephenG: The SSC probably won't meet this week, as DavidK
      is unavailable.

   Team report: Transport

      TimM: The group did not meet last week due to the ebXML Asia
      meeting.  DTTN and CrimsonLogic held an F2F, and the brief
      report from ThomasL is positive.  The group will meet
      Thursday.  We now have a complete DTTN model, and TimM is
      comparing it with the CO model.  Simplifying DTTN looks
      achievable.  Example: the DTTN model has 13 varieties of
      line item, depending on the document; we're trying to distil
      it down into one line item with others as customizable
      extensions, so that the resulting model is both manageable
      and generic.

   Team report: Procurement

      TimM: We were supposed to have completed the extended
      procurement model at a meeting last week, but we're still
      unable to come to a consensus regarding terminology.  This
      could be resolved by adopting the TBG1 terminology contained
      in the document posted by Jean-Luc Champion last year, which
      is of excellent quality and contains just the sort of
      generic model for Invoice and Credit Note that this group is
      looking for.  The position paper developed by the
      procurement group has been edited to incorporate the TBG1
      terminology and is being circulated in hopes that this can
      be resolved in the conference call Friday.

   Review of Eurasia and Atlantic TC minutes

      TimM: Won't be able to attend the Atlantic call discusson of
      Reusable this week, but have sent some thoughts to the list.

      JonB: We should review Tim's message in preparing for the
      discussion Wednesday.

CATALOGUE WORKSHOPS

      We note that our rules (Oxford English) require the spelling
      "catalogue" rather than "catalog."

      AGREED that the ITSC call for workshop participation should
      go to ubl, ubl-dev, ebxml-dev, and the procurement and
      transport teams.

REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS FROM LAST WEEK

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to schedule a discussion of CCTS
   compliance that will include MarkC and MichaelD.

      question (which arose out of email) is: in what way is 1.0
      not CCTS compliant, and how can we ensure that 2.0 is
      compliant?  Issues include ACCs and CC types.

      TimM: This may have been [or may be] overtaken by the UN/UBL
      and Reusable architecture discussions; perhaps we should
      constitute a CCTS Compliance Review team.

      JonB: Let's pick this up when we meet again week after next.

   PENDING ACTION: TimM to contact BettyH to arrange a return of
   the issues list to her care as soon as it has reached a stage
   where this is possible.

      TimM: PeterB and I have not had time to do anyting with the
      issues list.

      We note that other work is causing BettyH to switch
      participation from the Pacific to the Atlantic calls while
      StephenG will be participating exclusively in the Pacific
      calls.

      AGREED that we will switch maintenance of the content issues
      list from BettyH to StephenG in order to keep the work in
      the Pacific call.

      SylviaW: BettyH was also going to be responsible for
      maintaining the EF models, so we'll need to revisit that
      part.

   PENDING ACTION: TimM and SylviaW to create a one-page briefing
   for input to next week's Tax XML TC meeting.

      Done.

      TimM: There is willingness on both sides to collaborate, but
      resources remain to be seen.  We will certainly get future
      participation on conference calls and will invite
      participation by European tax experts in the Eurasia calls,
      starting next week.

      StephenG: The SBS provides a good basis for the taxation
      implementation guidelines we hope to get from the Tax XML
      TC.

      SylviaW: They will need the model in a non-schema form.

      AGREED that the work on taxation IGs will be based on
      spreadsheets in which the rows not used in the SBS have been
      omitted.

      ACTION: To schedule the preparation of spreadsheets for Tax
      XML after we see the outcome of the Tax XML TC meeting this
      week.

      ACTION: SylviaW to produce a row on "Tax XML TC
      collaboration" for inclusion in the UBL 2.0 schedule before
      the Pacific call 11|12 July.

   PENDING ACTION: SylviaW to find out where we stand with payment
   terms and payment means, TimM to respond to Oriol.

      SylviaW: Have started on this and will finish this week.

OTHER BUSINESS

   We've about had it with spam on the ubl-comment list.  Kavi not
   only continues to accept this junk; it will not even allow
   people to unsubscribe.

   ACTION: JonB to get OASIS to finally do something about spam on
   the ubl-comment list.

   ACTION: JonB to request a link to the SBSC page from the TC
   page.

CONTENT WORK

   TimM: Since we need to update the issues list before we can
   continue, we will pick this up in the next Pacific call (11|12
   July 2005).