ubl message

Subject: Eurasian Minutes June 29 2005

1. Roll Call
Mavis Cournane
Tim McGrath
Thomas Lee
Peter Borresen
Sue Probert

2. ebXML Asia Report (Thomas Lee)
There were 21 participants at ebXML Asia. The Danish case was an
attraction for participants. UBL was seen as valuable. UBL will be on
the ebXML Asia committee roadmap.
How to use UBL and ebXML will be something that will be addressed in
the future. They are interested in the UN and UBL models.
There will be an interim meeting in Sept in Seoul. The core component
task group and registry and repository project will be present.
TM: Do they mean core component type modules by UBL/UN models.
TL: Yes I think so.
TM: They are seeing that whole area as XML naming and design rule
issues. Is there any attempt some sort of harmonization?
TL: Yes, in HK we submitted some components. IN the interim meeting
will look at input from different economies and we will have a
harmonized version and some contextualised BIEs in the library.
Prior to the ebXML interim meeting in Seoul in Sept UBL should consider
how the UBL/CEFACT  combined core components library can be utilized by
ebXML Asia. We should propose a joint project.

The next full ebXML Asia meeting will be held in Taipei in November.

UBL has invited KIEC to join KRLSC. We have an action item to follow on
an offer to host the Asian UBL plenary in May 2006 in Seoul.

3. CEFACT (Sue Probert)
There is a new CEFACT/OASIS cooperation agreement.
The UBL and UNedocs discussion took place in the plenary. At the
executive forum the need for harmonization was emphasised.
UNedocs is now part of the trade facilitation strategy for the future.

4. UBL UNCEFACT negotiating team
There was acceptance of the proposal to collaborate on the development
of a common core component library.
This is going to need resources from both parties. UNedocs has
requested additional resources from CEFACT. As it is such a high
priority item there may be an opportunity to look at funding
opportunities. On Fri there is a meeting of the new management of
CEFACT and this will be on the agenda.

There is a follow up meeting on Fri 8th July to monitor the progress of
this, and to start allocating resources to the project.

NDR alignment issues were discussed. It is clear that these need to be
addressed. There is ATG2 meeting in Norway this week. SP that is
shaping up to an important meeting. OAG is also present at it. There is
a push to get harmonization on the NDRs.

5. Extended Procurement Model

The procurement team need to sign off the process model on Fri and
submit for TC approval next week.

After this is approved the issues list can be updated, finalize the
names and types of documents to be produced for 2.0 and we can start
building the document models themselves. This covers the stage 1
deliverables.

The transportation process (stage 2)
We are trying to align the CoO proposed by Crimson Logic and the
reusable library of DTTN in HK. There is a concall on Monday to work on
that. It will be proposed to formalize the group as the UBL
transportation process team and set a schedule.