ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 13 July 2005

AGENDA FOR ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15H00 - 17H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 13 JULY 2005
   08h00 - 10h00 Wed San Francisco
   11h00 - 13h00 Wed Washington
   16h00 - 18h00 Wed London
   STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
   U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
   Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
   Access code: 5705229

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)
   Liaison reports
   Subcommittee reports
   Team reports
   Review of Pacific and Europe/Asia calls

DECISION ON REUSABLE

   See the minutes of this week's Pacific TC call.  Are we all OK
   with this now?

ACTION ITEM REVIEW (FROM MEETING OF 29 JUNE)

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to ask for a volunteer to serve as liaison to
   TBG17.

   PENDING ACTION: We are hoping for input from Henry Thompson
   regarding a way to accommodate Code Lists without using
   substitution groups.

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to review the current TC process and
   determine whether the SBS should be moved forward as a
   committee draft or a committee specification, the primary
   requirement being for a persistent URL.

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to contact KRLSC to see whether the June
   2006 meeting can be hosted in Seoul.

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to seek a host for a March 2006 meeting in
   Brussels.

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to revise the FAQ linked from the UBL TC
   page.

   PENDING ACTION: MavisC to send input to MarkC for ATG (see item
   #6 in the minutes of the 1 June Eurasia call).

      StephenG: DavidK reports an updated set of CCTS schemas that
      appear to include the 1.0 attributes we need; we need to
      check on this next meeting.  The key is whether we actually
      have a channel here for conveying our inputs to ATG2.  And
      we need to know whether ATG2 has updated the schemas; the
      ones we have say "draft."

NDR WORK SESSION

Here is a list of what we said we needed to do this week:

   Sign off on the 1.0 SBS.

   Discuss use of ATG2 data type schemas.

   Check on the status of CCTS schemas wrt attributes needed for
   UBL.

   Check on whether CCTS provides a mechanism for categorizing
   elements by domain that could be used to address the
   requirement to subdivide the Reusables.

   Continue the discussion of ANY and the other requests from
   BryanR, to wit:

      (1) A reconsideration of our prohibition of XSD ANY, because
      there are regional laws requiring the inclusion of specific
      information, and we need an extensible content area to
      handle this; (2) Restrictions on strings in UBL content to
      ensure that the content consists of more than white space,
      for example through length or minlength facets; (3)
      Reconsideration of our prohibition of appinfo, because there
      are many cases where one element is conditional on another;
      this would give Scehamatron (for example) the data it needs
      to do conditional/contextual validation.