ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Proposal for UBL 2.0 Extended Procurement Process Model

Thank you very much for your ideas.

These have been incorporated into the latest version of the document. I
have a personal view on your final suggestion (see below).

Yukinori Saito wrote:

>Dear Tim McGrath,
>Thank you very much for your sending extended procurement process model.
>I have read your document.
>The followings are my comments.

<snipped>

>3. Comments regarding the next document assembly stage.
>More 10 business documents will be added to the current 8 UBL business
>documents. Finally, the number of UBL business documents will be 18.
>Furthermore, many common reusable BIEs will be designed.
>If the additional common reusable BIEs will be added to the current Reusable
>BIEs (V1.0), I am afraid that the extended reusable library would become
>much bigger and difficult for users to manage and reuse.
>Even though these extended business processes and business documents are in
>the procurement process, the common reusable BIEs would be better to be
>modular to get better handling.
>For example: The procurement common reusable BIEs will be categorized and
>divided to the following 3 modules (spreadsheets), it would be much better
>to handle.
>- Sourcing common BIEs
>- Ordering (and Fulfillment) common BIEs (almost same to the current
>Reusable BIEs)
>- Billing and Payment common BIEs

You should see from the minutes of the Pacific call this week that we
have decided to adopt the three layer hierarchy as presented in your paper
(with some chnages in terminology).

Having finally settled on adopting separate spreadsheets for
"procurement" and "tranportation", i suspect any further granularity
will be too contentious for our timeframe. But, of course, we may
revisit this when the models are built.

--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=632C40AB-4E94-4930-A94E-22FF8CA5641F&ttype=2&tid=10476