ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] code list categorization for 2.0

Dear Anne Hendry,
Thank you very much for your categorization of the UBL V1.0 code lists to
Category 1 and 2.
I understand the followings.
- 8 code lists in UBL V1.0 code lists are defined in UBL. And the values are
defined at the CodeLists XML Schema.
- 5 code lists in UBL V1.0 code lists are defined outside UBL. I understand
the values and definitions of these code lists according to the original
standard documents that you informed the URL.
Thank you very much for your spreadsheet named
'UBL-CodeListCatalogue-1.0-beta'
I understand that there are many Codes in UBL BIEs.
This spreadsheet is valuable for UBL users to understand information
regarding Codes. (e.g. What kinds of Codes are there in UBL business
documents? Where the values of the codes defined?)

Dear Jon Bosak, or Anne Hendry,
I understand your approach regarding the 13 Code Lists that UBL V1.0
provided values at the CodeLists XML Schema.
But I cannot understand the remaining Codes (approximately 40 codes) in UBL
V1.0 business documents.
The examples of the remaining Codes in UBL V1.0 are followings.
- CommodityCode
- ContractTypeCode
- CoordinateSystemCode
- DespatchAdviceTypeCode
- DispositionCode
- EmergencyCardCode
- EmergencyProceduresCode
- ExemptionReasonCode
- HandingCode
- HazardousPackingCriteriaCode
- InvoiceTypeCode
- Others

For UBL users like JPLSC, we needs the contents definitions (values) about
these Codes.
Are there some documents that describe the values of these Codes?
If yes, would you please clarify the explanation of Code Lists?
If no, are there some policy and schedule to make those code lists
documents?

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
(Vice chair of UBL JPLSC)
Yukinori Saito
Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513