ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Namespace versioning

Title: Re: [ubl] Namespace versioning
Tony,

I am not talking about doing away with minor versions for the schema, only minor versioning of the namespaces.  A namespace is nothing more than the first part of a qualified name for elements and attributes - or if you like an artificial container of names that are unique within that container.  It is not, and in my opinion should not, be a substitution for schema location.  Our namespace string and schema location string are the same out of convenience and standardization - not because they imply the same thing.

Mark

From: Anthony B. Coates [mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com]
Sent: Tue 8/16/2005 5:10 PM
To: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org

Mark, what mechanism would you use for identifying the minor version of
the Schema that an instance is valid for?  Non-identification of minor
versions is fine for systems that are always and instantaneously updated
to handle the latest minor version of the Schema, but all other systems
need to be able to identify when they have been sent an instance which
corresponds to a new minor version that the system doesn't yet handle.

Cheers, Tony.

--
Anthony B. Coates
London Market Systems Limited
33 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2BR, UK
http://www.londonmarketsystems.com/
mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com
Mobile/Cell: +44 (79) 0543 9026
[MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language), http://www.mddl.org/]
[FpML Arch WG Member (Financial Products Markup Language),
http://www.fpml.org/]
This Email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material
and is intended for the use of the addressee only.  Any unauthorised use
may be unlawful. If you receive this Email by mistake please advise the
sender immediately by using the reply  facility in your e-mail software.
Email is not a secure method of communication and London Market Systems
Limited cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of
this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this email for virus
infection, for which London Market Systems Limited accepts no
responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
London Market Systems Limited.