ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 5|6 September 2005

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 6 SEPTEMBER 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Stephen Green
   Betty Harvey
   Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

Additions to the calendar:
   http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

   There will be a PSC f2f 20 September in Brussels.

Liaison reports

   JB: Anything from APEC meeting?

   TM: No news.

Liaison report: Tax XML TC

   SW: Next meeting is at the end of the month.

   TM: They did come back to us on the definition of tax category.
   We need to add item tax category to the model, but not sure
   where.

   ACTION: TM to respond to the Tax XML TC regarding their input
   on tax category.

   SG: Are the newly added elements now still needed?

   TM: We need to revise the model and then check back with the
   Tax XML TC.

   AGREED to keep the new elements that have been added to satisfy
   what we thought were the tax requirements and resolve further
   Tax XML TC input on these as part of phase 1 public review.

   AGREED that Tax XML issues should be added to the PSC issues
   list.

Subcommittee report: SBSC (SBS 1.0)

   JB: Status of changes for 1.0 SBS for Altova?

   GKH: SG has convinced me that dummy values in 1.0 "empty"
   instances would be obvious.  OK with doing this.

   ACTION: SG to produce new SBS 1.0 "empty" sample instances for
   GKH; GKH to produce XPaths by next week.

Subcommittee report: SBSC (SBS 2.0)

   SG: Started to look at what Quote and Request for Quote look
   like, but need to wait for EF schemas in order to produce the
   2.0 subset.

   GKH: HISC also on hold for 2.0 till we get schemas.

   SW: Challenge 1: The spreadsheets do not include ATG2 UDTs.

   SG: They do, but not the same... [didn't capture all of this]

   SW: Challenge 2: It's possible that PB's reordering of BIEs may
   cause problems with current EF programming; must test this
   further tonight.

   ACTION: SW to continue testing and post results to PSC.  Can
   use this week's SSC meeting slot for work on this if necessary.

Subcommittee report: PSC

   SW: Held weekly meeting this morning.  Reviewed comments on the
   initial spreadsheets; agreed to a f2f meeting in Brussels;
   discussed need to review content to see that it meets global as
   well as regional requirements and will conduct a content review
   with that in mind.

Subcommittee report: TSC

   TM: Had call last week.  identified common components between
   COML and DTTN models and also the discord between the two.  A
   little behind schedule now week because TL and DTTN
   participants were involved in other work but hope to catch up
   this week.  TSC has been approached by consultants to the USDOT
   who will be contributing their requirements and may possibly
   participate in the work.  The weekly meeting time has now
   stabilized at 08h00 UTC every Thursday.

Team report: Digital Signatures

   TM: Sent PB's proposal to CrimsonLogic but haven't heard
   anything back yet.  Will raise this again in the next TSC
   meeting.

Team report: Code Lists

   GKH: The examples posted through JB only checked elements.
   There is nothing in schematron that would prevent rules on
   attributes, but the schematron xsl written by Rick Jelliffe
   does not support this.  I have updated schematron 1.5 and sent
   it to Rick; if he accepts the additions, then we will be able
   to include rules for attributes as well as elements.

   JB: Regarding the conflict reported by GKH between his HISC
   work and his code list work, think that the priority should be
   to finish up code lists. [See also next item]

Review of Atlantic and Europe/Asia calls

   SG: Regarding MB's comment about an audit trail for code list
   versions: proper use of the supplementary components [i.e.,
   code list metadata] such as "version" would solve that problem
   without using substitution groups.

Schedule review:
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200508/msg00167.html

   We appear to be slipping a bit.  See under SBSC regarding
   schema generation.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   SW: Regarding an action from the Atlantic call: We need
   documentation of the spreadsheet structure and format no later
   than the first week of October.

   ACTION: TM to document the spreadsheet structure and format by
   the first week of October.  This means a prose description of
   each column in the spreadsheets that we are now using.

FOR THIS MEETING

   JB: What of the possibility of releasing 2.0 supporting
   materials as an independent package?

   Several people: This would help with HISC, SBS, and code lists.

   TM: Not that we should release 2.0 normative and then 2.0
   informative, but rather that we don't need to have the
   informative materials for the first round of public review.

   SG: SBS should be normative.

   JB/TM: SBS could follow normatively in the second round.

   ACTION: JB to explore the idea of leaving the informative
   materials out of the first review cycle.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC