ubl message

Subject: Minutes for Europe/Asia TC meeting Wednesday 7th September

Attendees:
Mikkel Hippe Brun
Sue Probert
Mavis Cournane
Thomas Lee
CY Ng
Peter Borresen
Tim McGrath

1. STANDING ITEMS
* Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)
Still planning for presenting something on UBL at the October 11th meeting in Seoul. David Wong of CECID scheduled to talk on e-government issues.

 * Liaison reports
Thomas reported on a successful APEC meeting in Beijing last week. 200 participants. Assessing results of plan to have e-trading in developed countries by 2005 (and developing countries by 2010). Thomas spoke of work in Transportation SC and how UBL was addressing the document types in the APEC list. Response was positive and he will follow up with APEC on this. Another meeting scehduled for China in May 2006.

* Subcommittee reports (including the new Procurement and Transportation SCs)
    * Procurement SC
Planning face-to-face on September 20th in Brussels.
Working on loading models into EDIFIX
    * Transportation SC
Consolidating models in a single high level view
Requested for comments on Digital Signature proposal (Peter will provide a sample instance based on UBL 1.0 Invoice).
Tim reporrting interst in TSC from US Dept. of Transport's "Electronic Frieght Manifest" project.  They would like to participate in the first review of the TSC models.

* Team reports
Catalogue team are staryting to draft initial model of required components - will provide UBL with a general view of how their requiresment fit into the UBL 2.0 model within the next 2 weeks.
Code list team are prepaping examples and sample scripts.  Need to resolve what goes into the 2.0 package.  May also still have impact on NDRs

* Review of Asia/Pacific and Atlantic TC minutes
No comment
* Acceptance of minutes of previous meeting [new item]
Minutes of Europe/Asia meeting Wednesday 31st August (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200508/msg00190.html)
Comments received from Michael Dill(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200509/msg00007.html)
Response to comments from Tim McGrath (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200509/msg00030.html)

 2. CONTENT WORK
* Document Models
- status
We are now 2 weeks behind schedule and need to get the models loaded into EDIFIX this week to avoid slipping further behind.
Meanwhile we can continue working on refining the models.

3. NDR WORK
 - NDR issues for review in tomorrow's meetings.
The NDR document is accepted for the generation of the first (phase 1) schemas. (still awaiting the schema module diagram from Mark)
Changes may be rquired as part of the code list approach and also if we receive comments from the review.  So it does not mean the NDR document is the UBL 2.0 NDRs
Meanwhile the NDR team can start focussing on customization

4. Other items
There is a UBL/CEFACT meeting on Friday and following that we may need to discuss options to take to the CEFACT plenary meeting on September 27th.
--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=632C40AB-4E94-4930-A94E-22FF8CA5641F&ttype=2&tid=10476