ubl message

Subject: XML instance of code lists

Hi folks,

In my work tonight on code lists, I found in our repository a
document for which I could not find an announcement on the mail list
from Tony.  Perhaps others have seen an announcement and my mail
system failed to do so, or perhaps it just never got announced with
Tony's very busy schedule.

I'd like to bring your attention to:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14283/genericode-and-xsd-and-sch.zzz

It is a ZIP file with example stylesheets that produce a Schematron
expression and a W3C Schema expression of a code list based on an
instance of the Genericode model.

The Schematron instance created appears to be very close to what I
created and the tests I've run assure me that it should work for our needs.

For over two weeks I've been trying to hail Rick Jelliffe regarding
the processing of attributes, and whether my suggested modifications
to the Schematron stylesheet to allow attributes as the context for
abstract rules are appropriate.  I have not heard back from Rick.  If
they are deemed acceptable and get into future Schematron
implementations, then Tony's work can be simplified.

However, for now, Tony shows us in this example that Schematron can
be synthesized from an instance of a code list schema.

I hope this helps.

p.s. looking again in my records I just found the announcement at:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200509/msg00006.html

I've gone into the repository and changed the access permissions to
general access so that the link up top works without having to sign
in as a member

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc