ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] ATG2 udt:Amount and the need for a UBL 2.0 UBLAmount

Tim

Mmm... Yes I accept your point - apologies that I had missed the hardwiring
of the ATG2 udt:AmountType to the 2001 version of the ISO codelist.
That does change things. I'm not happy with it, obviously. I guess it leaves
two possible reasons for having a qualified, UBL AmountType, the first one
of which would seem to break the CCTS (but would be preferable by far for
the bsuiness world, in my opinion at least)
1. to somehow create an AmountType which could have its codelist version
changed
As I say, that would then NOT be derived (without some sort of XSD magic)
from the udt:Amount so I guess (unless we had our own CCTS udt schema)
it is out of the question
The other reason would, I think, be valid
2. to have a stated (*) supplementary component (see David's second draft
          2.0 schemas) which allows the version to be clearly stated in instances
          along with other supplementary components.
This is something I wouldn't want us to be quick to discount.
* I realise now though that the intention seems to be, form ATG2's perspective,
that minor versions would be able to include version changes to the currency
code used for the udt:Amount. That means we cannot used 'xsd:fixed' to
state the currency codelist version, if we do have such a supplementary
component attribute (and I keep saying I think we should): we'd have to used
default, say, to allow us to change it in minor versions without breaking instance
backwards compatibility.

By the way, this all applies even with the latest ATG2 udt schema (thanks Sylivia)
which has no change affecting this, as far as I can tell.

All the best

Steve

>>> Tim McGrath <tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au> 14/09/05 04:42:58 >>>
not sure i follow the logic here.  my understanding is that the ATG2 UQT
for AmountType requires a CurrencyID attribute as per:

<xsd:extension base="xsd:decimal">
    <xsd:attribute name="currencyID"
type="clm54217:CurrencyCodeContentType" use="required">
    </xsd:attribute>
</xsd:extension>

and that the namespace is:
<xsd:import namespace="urn:un:unece:uncefact:codelist:draft:5:4217:2001"
schemaLocation="CodeList_CurrencyCode_ISO_7_04.xsd"/>

This implies to me that when we use ATG2 AmountType it will require ISO
4217 currency codes (presumably 2001 version).  From the code set i can
see it is the alphabetic codes that are used.  I dont know what the
_7_04 signifies (i suspect it is the ATG2 versioning system)

In UBL 1.0 we had UBL_AmountType as:
      <xsd:restriction base="udt:AmountType">
        <xsd:attribute name="amountCurrencyID"
type="cur:CurrencyCodeContentType" use="required"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="amountCurrencyCodeListVersionID"
type="xsd:normalizedString" fixed="0.3" use="optional"/>
      </xsd:restriction>
<xsd:import
namespace="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CurrencyCode-1.0"
schemaLocation="../codelist/UBL-CodeList-CurrencyCode-1.0.xsd"/>

In the code set itself we identified "ISO 4217 Alpha" as the codeListID
and "0.3" as the codeListVersionID.

This leads me to think that to be compatible with UBL 1.0 we don't need
our own Specialized data types for Amount (which for the sake of
consistency we should now be calling Qualified data types).  If we
assume 2001 ISO 4217 is version 0.3 (which i suspect it is) then a UBL
1.0 currency code is still valid in the ATG2 world.

Your comment about "required" seems to be another issue (a request for
change).  Is that correct?

PS this discussion exposes the whole code management problem.  Our 1.0
URL to BSI is now dead and it appears you have to buy the code sets to
see them.  Another good reason to let CEFACT manage these.