ubl message

Subject: Revising the UBL 2.0 schedule

Hello UBL TC,

In beginning to revise the UBL 2.0 schedule, it's becoming clear
that we're not going to hit our target of 7 November to begin
public review.  Partly this is because OASIS administration has
not proven as quick to process submissions as we originally
thought (as shown by the delay in getting the SBS into review),
but mostly it's because the content work has gone more slowly than
we had hoped.  Working backward week by week from the beginning of
the public review, the CD cycle looks something like this:

   Week N-9  Finish content definition and essential prose
   Week N-8  Approve content and begin schema generation
   Week N-7  Validate schemas
   Week N-6  Assemble candidate Committee Draft
   Week N-5  Q/A candidate Committee Draft
   Week N-4  Revise candidate Committee Draft
   Week N-3  Ballot Committee Draft
   Week N-2  Submit approved Committee Draft to OASIS
   Week N-1  OASIS processing (best case)
   Week N    Begin public review

In order to have been able to begin public review 7 November, we
would have to have completed phase 1 content work last week, and
that didn't happen.  So we must revise the schedule.

To do that, we need firm estimates of when the phase 1 content
work is going to be finished.  (Note that this doesn't mean
perfect, it just means ready for the first public review.)
Specifically, we need the PSC and TSC to provide short-term
timelines for completion of their first set of spreadsheets in a
form ready for schema generation.  It would be best to have those
estimates this week if possible.

Jon