ubl message

Subject: Creating Qualified Data Types - spreadsheet, EDIFIX and Schema

I am still confused by this.  Maybe if i try to explain what i think is
required and you can correct me.

In UBL 1.0 we create spreadsheets for Core Components Types, Unqualified
Data Types and Qualified Data Types (although we used the term
Specialized instead of Qualified).  I dont think that these were
actually used by EDIFIX and the equivalent structures were hand built in
the EDIFIX model.  This is probably because we had already hand built
the CCT, uDT and qDT schemas and all EDIFIX did was reference these when
it created its schemas.

In UBL 2.0, we are not using the hand crafted schemas for CCT and uDT
because we are referencing those built by ATG2.  So technically UBL
needs no CCT or uDT spreadsheets and EDIFIX can do whatever it needs to
to make the appropriate reference to the ATG2 schemas.  We do not expect
EDIFIX to create these schemas (unless it wants to) merely reference them.

In UBL 2.0 we also need a new version of the qDT schema because it has
to refine the ATG2 uDT types.    It is up to UBL to define these qDTs
(for our code list implementations). Again, we do not expect EDIFIX to
create this schema (unless it wants to) merely reference the one we will
hand build.

The only reason we need spreadsheets for this is to provide consistent
modeling artifacts at all three modeling stages.

For the past three weeks we have been trying to get the structure and
content of the qDT spreadsheet correct so EDIFIX is happy with it, and
can create its equivalent model.

My proposal is that GEFEG define exactly what EDIFIX expects for a qDT
and we can provide a spreadsheet that does it.

At the same time we need someone who feels able to, to take the ATG2
Unqualified Datatypes schema and make the necessary UBL Qualified
Datatypes schema.

Do you think this will work?