ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 26 October 2005

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15H00 - 17H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 26 OCTOBER 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Mikkel Brun
   Tony Coates
   Mike Grimley
   Betty Harvey
   Anne Hendry
   Bryan Rasmussen
   Zarella Rendon
   Sylvia Webb

ADMINISTRIVIA

   JB: Note that we are on winter schedule next week.  We
   regularly change the time of the Atlantic TC call from 15h00
   UTC to 16h00 UTC so that the majority of participants (who are
   setting their clocks back one hour) appear to be calling in at
   the same time that they call in during the summer.  In other
   words:

      16H00 - 18H00 UTC EVERY WEDNESDAY
      08h00 - 10h00 Wed San Francisco
      11h00 - 13h00 Wed Washington
      16h00 - 18h00 Wed London
      STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
      U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
      Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
      Access code: 5705229

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Liaison report: UN/CEFACT

      JB: The negotiating team met this morning.  We reported the
      TC's decision to consider a more detailed plan.

      TM: Now we're waiting for OASIS to submit questions so that
      CEFACT can respond.  We will meet again 23 November.
      Patrick Gannon (present on the call) wants to get the
      collaboration plan to OASIS in December for a board meeting.

   Team report: Code Lists

      JB: We still don't have a list of the code lists that will
      be in 2.0.

      TM: We will have to wait till the content is finished.

      SW: MD and SW have completed the first draft of UDT and QDT;
      will have something to SG today.

   Review of Pacific and Europe/Asia calls

      No comments.

   Schedule review

      JB: We're slipping... There's a question about added doc
      types for transport; we will know more after the TSC meeting
      next week.

      TM: The TSC meetings will be moving to 0100 UTC Wednesdays.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: JB to create the first draft of index.htm.

   ACTION: TC members visiting NYC in October or November to check
   out the Sun facilities and see whether they are suitable for a
   UBL TC meeting.  JB will be coming through in mid-November and
   will also check then.

   ACTION: JB to create a schedule for UBL 2.0 supplementary
   materials.

   ACTION: SW to investigate the difference between the structure
   of the enumerated code list schemas we've agreed to incorporate
   from ATG and the ones that were included in UBL 1.0 and provide
   her findings by the end of week.

      SW: The structures are almost identical; the differences are
      in notes and boilerplate -- the meat is the same.

   ACTION: JB to post a question on ubl-dev: What do other widely
   used schemas do about minor version namespace URIs?

   ACTION: NDR editors to post a revised issues list including the
   new question about which is normative (model or schema) and
   information about BillB's proposal.

      MG: Sent out this morning.

FOR THIS MEETING

   Proposed UBL 2.0 support package:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200510/msg00073.html

      SW: Add spreadsheets.

      MB: Add usage scenarios for procurement.  PB is working on
      this with a consultant.  This set will cover interactions
      with the public sector; we will still need some B2B
      scenarios.

      ACTION: Everyone involved in the development of the support
      pieces to give JB time estimates before next week's meeting.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC