ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Draft uDT and qDT Spreadsheets

Tim,

The values go into Column "V" labeled Values.

Regards,
Sylvia
________________________________

From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 12:12 AM
To: swebb@gefeg.com
Cc: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org

where do we put the required values in these spreadsheets?

e.g. Country_ Code List. Identifier should have the value of "ISO3166-1" and
Country_ Code List. Agency. Identifier should have the value "6".

in previous versions we have a "values" column - can we get that put back
in?

Sylvia Webb wrote:

	Dear All,

	During the last UBL Pacific call, GEFEG was asked to provide
technical
	expertise and resources to create the uDT and qDT data models and
	spreadsheets for UBL 2.0.

	The attached spreadsheets are the output from the data models. They
need
	further review and completion for notes and any other omissions. My
focus
	was on content and not the descriptions and definitions.

	The following changes were made:

	uDT:

	1. The sequence of the sc's in the UBL spreadsheet was not the same
as the
	sequence in the annexes of CCTS. We feel that this is important for

	a) end user applications,

	b) future syntaxes that UBL might support with additional NDR and

	c) to make life easier for users who refer to both the CCTS
documentation
	and UBL documentation (look and feel).

	qDT:

	1. In the older draft qDT spreadsheets, UBL added sc's to the uDT's.

	These are removed now in order to be compliant with ATG2 uDT's.

	2. UBL has the option of leaving these sc's in. If this option is
chosen,
	UBL must warn developers and users, that whatever they do with these
added
	sc's, their work will not go into the UBL XSD schemas.

	3. We stored the possessive etc. information, which does not go into
XSD
	schema, in order to have the UBL models consistent.

	Please respond to the list with any comments additions, or
corrections that
	need to be made. The PSC will consolidate these into a revised draft
	spreadsheet that can be used to update the EDIFIX data models.

	Regards,

	Sylvia

	generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs
in OASIS
	at:

regards
tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business
Informatics and Web Services
http://www.docengineering.com/