ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] More code list questions about NDR, and about genericode

At 2005-10-17 07:09 +0100, Anthony B. Coates wrote:
>Ken, apologies I didn't reply earlier.

No apologies needed, Tony ... it took me three weeks to make the time
to work on this.

>On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:27:20 +0100, G. Ken Holman
><gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> wrote:
>
>>    genericode ShortName  ==  UBL xxxxxCodeListID
>>    genericode LongName == UBL xxxxxCodeListName
>>    genericode Version == UBL xxxxxCodeListVersionID
>>    genericode CanonicalUri == UBL xxxxxCodeListURI
>>    genericode CanonicalVersionUri == UBL xxxxxCodeListSchemeURI
>
>Not quite.  Have a look at the last set of conversion stylesheets I sent
>out.

I have been.  I believe the package is
genericode-and-xsd-and-sch-v2.zzz that I downloaded or received by
email September 20:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200509/msg00093.html

>UBL doesn't have an equivalent for "CanonicalUri", which is a URI
>that uniquely identifies the code list as an entity, independently of any
>specific version.  In the stylesheets, I have to create this by chopping
>the version off the version-specific URN for the code list.

So noted ... thank you I'll do the same.

The UBL-CodeList-CurrencyCode-1.0.xsd file in that ZIP package of
yours appears not to match the one found in UBL 1.0 CD2:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsd/codelist/UBL-CodeList-CurrencyCode-1.0.xsd

>>Tony, can you confirm this is all of the version checking that I need to
>>do when using a genericode file to express the values in a UBL instance?
>
>I believe so; again, see the stylesheets I did, as I had everything there
>that was needed to match Marty's example Schemas.
>
>>(1) for @xxxxxID remove "ID" and suffix with "Code..." from genericode
>>table above as appropriate
>>(2) for @xxxxxCode remove "Code" and suffix with "Code..." from
>>genericode table above as appropriate
>>(3) for <xxxxx> suffix with "code..." from genericode table above as
>>appropriate
>
>I also did a Schematron Schema to check these, bundled in with the
>stylesheets.

Fine .....

>Did you see that?

What I see is that your scripts produced your output from your
version of the code list schema expression, but when I run your
scripts from the UBL-1.0-CD2 version of the currency code list schema
expression I do not get the same results.  The resulting Schematron
script does no checking of the code list meta data information of
what I'm looking for ... only value checking against the enumeration.

I'm trying to work from the published code list expressions.

Whereas the genericode expression from your version of the currency
code list has a bunch of application information embedded, the
genericode expression I create from the published version of the
currency code list does not have any application information embedded.

I then see that your GC->SCH scripts are relying on the application
information in order to synthesize the business rule checks of the
code list metadata.

>I don't remember needing to do this,
>though.  The only open issue I had was if someone used a code list type to
>create a differently named element.  That would require either (i)
>Schematron using a Schema-aware version of XPath 2.0 that checks types, or
>(ii) the user would have to create their own Schematron rule based on the
>supplied one (not a big job).

I agree ... not a big one, and my concept of the XML instance agreed
upon between trading partners accommodates this as it enumerates all
of the information items that use a particular code list.

I'm going to try and follow through with the munging that I planned,
modified by your comment about the canonical URI:

    genericode ShortName  ==  UBL xxxxxCodeListID
    genericode LongName == UBL xxxxxCodeListName
    genericode Version == UBL xxxxxCodeListVersionID
    genericode CanonicalUri == UBL xxxxxCodeListSchemeURI substring
with no version
    genericode CanonicalVersionUri == UBL xxxxxCodeListSchemeURI

but I think I might just abandon the substring and go with the
version URI only of the two URIs since the URI is being checked
already in its entirety.

In the above "xxxxx" comes from attributes and elements as noted in
my earlier post:

(1) for @xxxxxID remove "ID" and suffix with "Code..." from
genericode table above as appropriate
(2) for @xxxxxCode remove "Code" and suffix with "Code..." from
genericode table above as appropriate
(3) for <xxxxx> suffix with "code..." from genericode table above as
appropriate

However, I'll be working from the UBL 1.0 CD2 code list expressions
since I don't know where you got your code list expression.

I do note that the genericode <ShortName> element created by your
scripts is empty when running the XSD to genericode scripts on the
UBL 1.0 CD2 code list expressions, so we'll have to check this when
it comes to doing all this again with UBL 2.0.

Thanks, Tony!

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc