ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 7 December 2005

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
16H00 - 18H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 7 DECEMBER 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Peter Borresen
   Tony Coates
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Zarella Rendon
   Paul Thorpe

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Subcommittee and team updates to Pacific call status reports

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

   Schedule review

      JB: If the content teams finish up next week, we can
      circulate the schemas and spreadsheets for a stakeholder
      sanity check just before the winter break, package the 2.0
      CD the first two weeks of January, and begin public review
      just before we meet in Manhattan.  This would allow us to
      focus the meeting on Support Package tasks.

      PB: We must keep to that schedule.  Will have Draft 11
      Friday, then TM merges PSC and TSC models, then we release
      the final draft at the end of next week.

      TM: The anchor point is production of the review package.
      The day we submit that determines the delivery date of the
      OASIS Standard at the end.

      ACTION: JB to inform OASIS about our plans for public
      review.

ACTION ITEMS (GENERAL)

   ACTION: JB to send Manhattan meeting notice to the list.

      Done.

   ACTION: DK team to review the ebBP UBL transactions when they
   become available this week.

      PB: Did receive from SG yesterday and have sent on to those
      who have knowledge about these things.

   ACTION: AS to send the list of definitions from the UNECE
   cross-industry invoice document to the list.

      Done.

   ACTION: AS to send Section 3, Terms and Definitions, from ISO
   CD 24533 to the list.

      Done.

ACTION ITEMS (CODE LISTS)

   ACTION: MartyB to test this approach [union of token and enum]
   against the latest draft 2.0 schemas (draft 10, sent out by PB
   about a week ago); will try to have this done next week.  SW to
   generate the schema test package for this.

      TC: MG says this approach won't validate [in any meaningful
      way].  MartyB confirms but notes that it satisfies the NDRs.
      The problem is that anything will validate.

      TonyC: Why would we bother releasing codelist schemas that
      have the values but don't validate against those values?  We
      were saying that you could have code lists with values or
      code lists without values, and you could use the ones with
      values to do hard validation.  I feel like we're heading
      down an alley here; I don't see what we get that's useful.

      TM: This proposal is solving the wrong problem.

      ACTION: TonyC to raise the question of why we want codelist
      schemas that have codelist values but can't be validated
      against.

      ACTION: The UBL TC to review recent mail and come to grips
      with this.

   ACTION: NDR editors to reflect the decision to go with a union
   approach in the NDRs.

      This item has been rendered inapplicable by the observations
      above.

   ACTION: TC to review the questions posed by MG:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200511/msg00138.html

      We didn't get to this.

ACTION ITEMS (NDRs)

In the (announced) absence of MG, MC, and SW this week, the action
items under this head were held over for next week's call.

   ACTION: SG to check to see where the problem Definitions are
   and see whether the Definitions can be put in the schemas
   [relating to issue 1 in NDR work session of 23 November].

      [From the minutes of 2005.11.30: "SG: The defs are all there in
      one version of the QDT spreadsheets.  The last QDT sent
      should have had the defs in the definition column.  SW: Will
      look at that."]

   ACTION: SW to suggest a practical mechanical way to assign
   UIDs.

   ACTION: NDR editors to ensure that all mentions of importing
   the CCTS parameter schema have been removed.

   [Imported from Pacific minutes] ACTION: SG and SW to manually
   update the CC parameter schema.

      "SG: Atlantic call decided not to import the module.
      SW: We need to see this reflected in the NDRs."

OTHER BUSINESS

   PB: Request a day at the January meeting in Manhattan to review
   the scenario descriptions (actually the suggested uses of UBL
   2.0).

   JB: This joins customization and code lists as major agenda
   items for that meeting.  Other UBL TC members should send
   additional items for the agenda.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC