ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 2|3 January 2006

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 3 JANUARY 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka
   Kumar Sivaraman
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

SW: Next x12 meeting: 6-10 Feb in Seattle.

   Liaison report: Tax XML TC

      SW: The most recent meeting was a liaison meeting with XBRL.
      Interest in embedding XBRL in UBL appears to be waning.
      This does not affect plans for indirect taxation.

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      JB: We need an accounting of comments received and their
      disposition.

   Team report: Code Lists

      JB: What do we need to get the enumerations into the
      schemas?

      SW: See message of 22 December:

	 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200512/msg00087.html

      TM: We never used those files in 1.0; we will have to create
      them.

      SW: No, we only need the names of the files in which they
      will be generated.

      TM: There are no new codes in 2.0; there are fewer.... [...]

      JB: The code lists in xsd/common are not validated against?

      TM: Correct [!].

      AGREED that we need to investigate this as part of the code
      list discussion in Manhattan.

      ACTION: JB to contact PB regarding example instances for
      Manhattan.

UBL 2.0 PUBLIC REVIEW PREP

   JB: Propose further discussion in this week's Atlantic call,
   then move ASAP to vote and public review.

   AS: [Raises an issue related to the freight invoice process]

   TM: Included as part of billing.

   AS: Should be a separate process, logically 5.10....

   JB: The purpose of the current draft is just to begin public
   review.  Issues like this should be logged as part of the
   review.

   AGREED that this should be explained in the cover letter to the
   TC.

   TM: Starting an issues list... will post to the web site and
   send a note to BH.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC