ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 9|10 January 2006

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 10 JANUARY 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Stephen Green
   Andy Schoka
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Liaison report: ebBP TC; subcommittee report: SBSC

      SG: Was waiting for joint submission with ebBP TC... Have
      included some things in SBS that are also in ebBP support
      document folder.  These are now final as far as ebBP is
      concerned (will confirm this Tuesday).  Sascha Schlegel has
      successfully tested the SBS artifacts using Cyclone Commerce
      software.  The SBS package has now been submitted to the UBL
      TC and is ready for action by the TC.

      ACTION: JB to put SBS on the agenda of the Wednesday
      Atlantic TC call and start work on the CD2 ballot after that
      meeting.

   Review of Atlantic call

      No comments.

   Schedule review

      JB: We will revise the schedule in Manhattan.

ISSUES WIKI

   We briefly discussed the idea of setting up a wiki for issue
   tracking.

   SW: If a wiki or something similar is used for comments and
   issue resolution, GEFEG will still need a single document at
   the end of the process containing any programming requirements
   or issues along with their resolution.  DavidK does not have
   time to go through a collaborative environment.

   Various: We have reservations about how this would work... how
   searches would work... how to produce a list of comments and
   dispositions that would meet the requirements of the OASIS
   process... how to control access...

   ACTION: JB to add a discussion of issues tracking to the agenda
   for Manhattan.

ACTION ITEM TO BE ASSIGNED

   [Saito-san:]

      | (3) There are descriptions about changed Elements and
      | Attributes at section 1.3.3 and 1.3.4. There is no information
      | of the reason why these Elements and Attributes are
      | changed. Especially, removed items should need to describe the
      | reasons. For example: The item is removed because the function
      | became unnecessary. The item is removed because the item is
      | achieved by another means.

   SW: For the majority of PSC meetings, MarkL and PeterB did most
   of the changing, and Peter did most or all of the
   documentation.  This is well minuted.  So this work should be
   done primarily by Peter and Mark.

   JB: Will suggest that they do this offline.  [But it now occurs
   to me that this could be done at the meeting in Manhattan.]

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: JB to contact PB regarding example instances for
   Manhattan.

   SG: Have been working on certain documents; plan is to finish
   in Manhattan.

OTHER BUSINESS

   AS: We need to develop techniques for seeing the forest rather
   than the trees...

   SG: Like Dave Carlson's class diagrams in 1.0.

   JB: TC calls will (as usual) be canceled next week and the week
   following the F2F in Manhattan.  We will have a Pacific call
   next week, but it will be an informal work session.

   JB: It's looking like the meeting in Brussels originally
   scheduled for the week of 24 April will have to move out a
   couple of weeks to give us time to prep the issues for
   disposition.

   SG: May would be good.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC