ubl message

Subject: WD 2.0 code list summary usage

Hello all,

In my analysis today I determined the actual use of code list data
types across the document types declared in the WD UBL 2.0 schemas.

Note that I do not detect a single use of the ATG2-prescribed
LanguageCodeContentType data type defined in
CodeList_LanguageCode_ISO_7_04.xsd ... is there a reason why we have it?

I also do not detect a single use of the specialized datatypes
AcknowledgementResponseCodeType and CountryIdentificationCodeType
defined in UBL-SpecializedDatatypes-2.xsd ... is this an oversight?

Finally, the "generic" lists (is there a better name for
these?  these are not derived from specialized datatypes) ... my
initial analysis indicates that only 73 are actually in use ... yet I
detect that the following six are declared but not used anywhere:
AllowanceChargeReasonCodeType, AuthorizationCodeType (because
AuthorizationCode is not used), CodeValueType, CostCodeType (because
CostCode is not used), and EventCodeType (because EventCodeType is not used).

The summary of data types that are actually in use somewhere in the
document models follows.

I hope this is helpful.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

ATG types (3):

BinaryObjectMimeCodeContentType
CurrencyCodeContentType
UnitCodeContentType

Derived from SDT types (12):

ChannelCodeType
CurrencyCodeType
DocumentCurrencyCodeType
DocumentStatusCodeType
LatitudeDirectionCodeType
LongitudeDirectionCodeType
PricingCurrencyCodeType
RequestedInvoiceCurrencyCodeType
SourceCurrencyCodeType
TargetCurrencyCodeType
TaxCurrencyCodeType
TransactionCurrencyCodeType

Generic code lists not derived from anything special (73):

AccountingCostCodeType
AccountTypeCodeType
ActionCodeType
CardTypeCodeType
CargoTypeCodeType
CategoryCodeType
ChipCodeType
CommodityCodeType
ContractTypeCodeType
CoordinateSystemCodeType
CorporateRegistrationTypeCodeType
CountrySubentityCodeType
CustomsStatusCodeType
DescriptionCodeType
DespatchAdviceTypeCodeType
DirectionCodeType
DispositionCodeType
DocumentQualifierCodeType
EmergencyProceduresCodeType
FreightRateClassCodeType
FullnessIndicationCodeType
HandlingCodeType
IdentificationCodeType
InhalationToxicityZoneCodeType
InspectionMethodCodeType
InvoiceTypeCodeType
ItemClassificationCodeType
LifeCycleStatusCodeType
LineStatusCodeType
LocaleCodeType
LocationTypeCodeType
LossRiskResponsibilityCodeType
MedicalFirstAidGuideCodeType
NatureCodeType
OperatorCodeType
OwnerTypeCodeType
PackageLevelCodeType
PackagingTypeCodeType
PackingCriteriaCodeType
PackLevelCodeType
ParentDocumentQualifierCodeType
PaymentChannelCodeType
PaymentMeansCodeType
PositionCodeType
PreferenceCriterionCodeType
PriorityLevelCodeType
ProviderTypeCodeType
ReasonCodeType
ReferenceEventCodeType
RegulationCodeType
RejectActionCodeType
RejectReasonCodeType
ResponseCodeType
RoleCodeType
SealIssuerTypeCodeType
SealStatusCodeType
ServiceCodeType
ShortageActionCodeType
SizeTypeCodeType
StatusCodeType
SubstitutionStatusCodeType
TariffClassCodeType
TariffCodeType
TaxLevelCodeType
TaxTypeCodeType
TimingComplaintCodeType
TransitDirectionCodeType
TransportAuthorizationCodeType
TransportEmergencyCardCodeType
TransportHandlingUnitTypeCodeType
TransportMeansTypeCodeType
TransportModeCodeType
UNDGCodeType

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Washington,DC 2006-03-13/17
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc