ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 15 February 2006

AGENDA FOR ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
16H00 - 18H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 15 FEBRUARY 2006
   08h00 - 10h00 Wed San Francisco
   11h00 - 13h00 Wed New York
   16h00 - 18h00 Wed London
   STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
   U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
   Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
   Access code: 5705229

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm
   Subcommittee and team updates to Pacific call status reports
   Review of Pacific call
   Schedule review

UBL 2.0 BPSS DEFINITIONS

   From the Pacific call 14 February 2006:

      SG: Can we publish the BPSS definitions for UBL separately
      from the SBS?  The definitions allow implementation of UBL
      in an ebXML framework; each UBL doc has one or more
      processes associated with it, and vice versa.  The
      definitions for 1.0 are in the UBL 1.0 SBS package, but now
      they've become a deliverable in their own right.

      AGREED (pending concurrence in the Atlantic call) to publish
      the BPSS process definitions for UBL as a separate
      specification.

ISSUES MANAGEMENT

   From the Pacific call 14 February 2006:

      AGREED (pending concurrence in the Atlantic call) that SG
      will fill the position of Inquiry Coordinator so that
      questions submitted during the review period get forwarded
      to the appropriate SC or the TC as a whole.

BRUSSELS F2F

   From the Pacific call 14 February 2006:

      AGREED (pending concurrence in the Atlantic call) to go with
      the week of 22 May 2006 at CEN/CENELEC in Brussels.

UUID, GUID, OID, UID

   From the Pacific call 14 February 2006:

      AGREED (pending concurrence in the Atlantic call) to change
      GUID to UID and make the definition for UID the one that's
      currently given for GUID.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: MB to check with PB regarding interest in forming an
   OASIS UBL LSC for Northern Europe.

   ACTION: TC to review the extension paper from BR; JB to put on
   the agenda for [this] week.

NDR WORK SESSION

   We need to understand and resolve the issue summarized below
   from the Pacific TC call.

   /=================================================================
   | CODE LIST DECLARATIONS
   |
   |    See
   |
   |       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00032.html
   |       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00033.html
   |       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00034.html
   |       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00035.html
   |       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00036.html
   |       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00037.html
   |       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00038.html
   |       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00039.html
   |
   |    We note that TonyC and MartyB were assigned the task of writing
   |    the NDRs for code lists.  This must be added to the NDR items
   |    of work.
   |
   |    A long, confused discussion took place in which the following
   |    points became more or less clear:
   |
   |     - We don't need rules that tell people how to implement the
   |       ATG rules, because we're not adopting the ATG methodology,
   |       just the schemas.  We don't want to generate the ATG code
   |       list schemas, we just want to import them.
   |
   |     - This presents a problem for FX (nee EDIFIX) because the ATG
   |       code list schemas are generated from the ATG data models
   |       based on the ATG NDRs; the version of FX that's programmed
   |       to support UBL doesn't know how to just import a given
   |       schema.
   |
   |     - We must minute the position that we don't want rules to
   |       execute the UDT, we just want to import the schema at schema
   |       generation time.  That is, by our decision in Manhattan
   |       stated as "AGREED that in the interests of convergence we
   |       will stand by our decision to import the ATG2 UDT, etc." we
   |       need to add that this does NOT mean that we are going to
   |       apply the ATG2 RULES (in which case we may need more rules
   |       to cover this).
   |
   |     - The current SDT is actually UBL's QDT.  It is possible that
   |       at some point we will have to handcraft a QDT for UBL.

OTHER BUSINESS

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC