ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 22 February 2006

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
16H00 - 18H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Mikkel Brun
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Zarella Rendon
   Andy Schoka
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Subcommittee and team updates to Pacific call status reports

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

BRUSSELS F2F

   MC: Need topics.

   JB: In theory, the Brussels meeting is mostly about wrapping up
   comment disposition and generating new schemas.  In practice,
   we never know exactly till a few weeks before the meeting.

   MC: What about Thursday of meeting week? [CEN offices closed
   that day for the Feast of the Ascension]

   SW: Have booked a suite at the Holiday Inn.

   MB: Think we can rent a conference room in the same hotel for
   the day.

   ACTION: MB to verify that dk can rent a conference room Thu 25
   May.

   ACTION: JB to check on possible Sun office in Brussels.

   AGREED that we will make Brussels meeting planning a primary
   agenda item for the Atlantic TC call 29 March.

   ACTION: JB to ask Mark Leitch to attend the TC call 3/29 and to
   verify that he will be at the meeting in Brussels.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: MB to check with PB regarding interest in forming an
   OASIS UBL LSC for Northern Europe.

      MB: PB doesn't have time right now to push this.  The
      subject will be raised at a meeting of the group in Oslo
      next week, but it will be some months before we have a final
      decision.

   ACTION: BR to send us an updated proposal including a more
   extensive use of schematron by [this meeting]; TC to review and
   be prepared to discuss in the Atlantic meeting 1 March 2006.

      MB: Will ask BR to submit the revised extension proposal.

NDR WORK SESSION

   SW: Rather than sending pointers, I have asked DavidK to send
   us a detailed explanation of which rules he needs, why he needs
   them, and what the impact would be of not having them.  He will
   review the ATG2 rules against what he's been using.  We hope to
   have this analysis by next week's Atlantic call.

   MC: MG and I have no problem with putting the rules from 1.0
   back in if necessary.  We have finished our review of the NDR
   and will post that tonight with the current checklist as
   Appendix A; DavidK should use this in his analysis.

   JB: Let's try to wrap this up next week.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC