ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Changes to UBL NDR

At 2006-04-04 16:30 -0400, Grimley Michael J NPRI wrote:
>I believe there is still significant reluctance to allow xsd:any in
>the UBL Standard. Issues were raised in New York that I'm not sure
>have been addressed. Have you considered my suggestion of
>implementing it as a Danish extension to UBL, rather than it
>becoming a part of the UBL standard?

I've been swayed that judicious use of xsd:any can support extensibility.

>Hopefully all interested parties will be on the call tomorrow so we
>can reach closure on this issue.

I am unable to call in, but in addition to the end of the document
and the end of a line item, I'm of the opinion the end of a party
would be a useful place for extensibility through xsd:any ... though
I recognize doing anything is a slippery slope that might lead to
trying to justify everything being this way.

With all the different kinds of parties, such a repeated structure is
much like a repeated line, and having extensibility at the end of a
party will allow extensions to live in a context with an implicit
relationship should an application wish to derive such a relation.

>As far as including additional information in a message, I believe
>that would be a Content issue, rather than an NDR issue (aside from
>the fact that they would need to be elements, rather than attributes).

Ahhh ... I figured it was an NDR rule too ... or is it just the
prohibition of xsd:any is an NDR issue?

--
Registration open for XSLT/XSL-FO training: Wash.,DC 2006-06-12/16
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc