ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 24|25 April 2006

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 25 APRIL 2006

ATTENDANCE

  Tim McGrath(acting chair)
  Stephen Green
  Sylvia Webb
  Apologies: G. Ken Holman

STANDING ITEMS

  Additions to the calendar:
     http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm
     None.

  Liaison report: TaxXML TC
     SW: Face-to-face meeting Thursday.  Has posted them a question
about Parties from issues list.

  Liaison report: ebBP TC
     SG: several promotional events as part of OASIS Interoperability
Forum.  UBL will be used in demos.
     TM: Crimson Logic will contact ebBP about BPSS 2.0 Implementation
Verification Statements

  Subcommittee report: SBSC
     SG: Attention moves to SBS 2.0.  SBS 2.0 should be backward
compatible with SBS 1.0 or as close as possible.
ACTION: SG will contact Joe Chuisano (US DoT project) regarding draft
2.0 SBS Despatch Advice.

  Liaison report: UN/CEFACT
     SW: As well as clarifying the strategy for UBL implementors (such
as Government Agencies) we should also inform the OASIS TCs looking to
UBL for their XML solution (such as Tax XML) and advise them of the
impact of this arrangement.  We suggest at least an FAQ that addresses
the ideas for harmonization.
ACTION: Tim to draft ideas for this.
     SG: Expressed concern about UBL participants being able to afford
participation in CEFACT meetings.  It was felt that without attendance
the influence of members is much less. Logistically it will hard
(without sponsorship) to attend face-to-face events.  There may be a
false expectation from CEFACT that UBL members are able to travel to
these meetings.
ACTION: Tim to comunicate this concern to CEFACT .
     AGREED: Overall we three are comfortable to proceed with the CEFACT
proposal, given the concensus of the whole TC.

  Subcommittee report: PSC
     SW: PSC review of issues is moving on.  Several meetings over the
past week. Mark Leitch is now able to participate again. Stephen has
added his written comments to the issues spreadsheet.  No chnages to the
spreadsheets will be made until the TC has review the proposed changes.
We plan to have the issues list and action plan ready for the TC by the
week commencing May 1st (next week).  To enable meaningful work in
Brussels we will need to update the spreadsheets during week commencing
May 8th.  It was noted that Peter B. would be on Ken's training course
that week and the PSC will consider that in their planning.  The TSC
will need their proposed dispositions completed by next week.

  Subcommittee report: TSC
     TM: Missed the meeting last week and so the TSC has a lot to do
this week.

  Codelist report: JB is still testing the proposed code list
methodology. All required metadata is now in genericode model.
We had a long discussion about how we should now implement the new code
list methodology in UBL 2.0.  (see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200604/msg00060.html)
We agreed that  we will need a qualified data type spreadsheet (and
schema) that defines the metadata  for each code list for which UBL is
recommending a set of values.  This meta data includes the Code List.
Identifier .  CCTS definies this as " to identify the URL of a source
that defines the set of currently approved permitted values".  This
should contain the location of the genericode document for that code
list.  Because we wish to enable implementors to customize these values
we should make the codeListIdentifier attribute "default" and not
"fixed" (as it currently is).  This mean implementors can change this
attribute to reference their own genericode document without impacting
other schemas.
Therefore, we would like to propose an action plan to the TC...
1. SG: will update the previous Qualified Datatypes spreadsheet with the
codes required for UBL 2.0 and  create a package with the genericode
documents created by Tony from the UBL 1.0 code list set.
2. TM: will add the new Transportation code lists to this package and
update the QDT spreadsheet.  May need some assistance from Tony in
creating the genericode document for the values.
3. UBL NDR:  may need to review the "fixed" attribute issue for CCTS
suplementary components.
4. SW: will ensure that EDIFIX is able to create the QDT schema.
5. The code list team should help prepare a "best practice" guide to
help implementors to both use the UBL 2.0 code list mechanism and to
customize their code lists if necessary.

ACTION: Tim to propose this issue become an agenda item on the Atlantic
call this week.

  Review of Atlantic call

SW:  Do we have a backup plan in case Montreal cannot be arranged?

  Schedule review
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00016.html

See above (under PSC report)

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

     ACTION: JB to ask MB about input on CL metadata.

	Closed (TonyC has incorporated into the genericode model).

     ACTION: SW to remind Howard Mason about input from ISO TC184.

        Closed.

     ACTION: JB to update the TC web site as soon as 1.0 SBS goes to
     ballot.

	Done.

     ACTION: JB to find meeting facilities in Montreal for August
     meeting.

	"Have sent mail to Ed Buchinski; no answer yet.  GKH and SW
	will try some contacts."

     ACTION: JB to user-test GKH's draft 0.4 (see mail of 20 Feb
     with pointer to the repository).

	In progress.  The first draft of an "idiot's guide" to
	implementing the codelist methodology demo on an XP
	machine has been completed but needs further work.

     ACTION: JB to fit this into the support package schedule: add
     lines for PSC example instances, TSC example instances, 2.0 SBS
     for transport, UBP 2 for procurement, UBP 2 for transport.

	Pending.

--
regards
tim mcgrath