ubl message

Subject: Re: DespatchAdvice subset

It seems clear that there is much need to extend the UBL Despatch Advice
if it is to be used for transport processes in the scenario which Joe is
considering. The UBL Despatch Advice caters for all but 18 required elements.
Of those now in UBL the SBS only includes five or six perhaps. So the
first step
would be to either
Option #1a: submit new elements to UBL in the next public review
              b: create a subset definition for the transport requirement
Option #2a: extend UBL
              b: create a subset definition for the extension
Since Option #2a has new possibilities if the extension mechanisms proposed
for UBL are accepted, we don't really have a full grasp of what would
be involved
with Option #2b.
Option #1b, however could be helped, going some way towards a UBL-managed
subset for transport by the creation of a Despatch Advice subset based on the
SBS with just those five or six elements mentioned above added. This could
be extended if the extra 18 elements are added to UBL. The same could be done
with other transport documents to work towards a subset for transport.

All the best

Stephen Green