ubl message

Subject: Clarifying the code list qDT and uDT issue was Re: [ubl] MinutesUBL Atlantic call April 26 2006

Just to clarify a concern raised in the minutes.

> 7. Code lists:
>

> A.  Sylvia worried about qDT schema.
>
> B.  Tim states that uDT is no longer needed.

:
:<snipped out bits>>
:

> SW: does not understand why enumerations in
>      genericode list in the qDT unless they are
>      restrictions.  A qDT is a restriction on
>      the base list on the uDT.

I don't mean that the uDT is no longer need (we just inherit it from
ATG2).  Its just that I think the uDt for all codes is "CodeType".

All UBL specified codes are restrictions on this type because they
restrict the content to a given sets of values.  So
LatitudeDirectionCodeType is a restriction of CodeType.  If you want you
can think of CodeType as a code list that has infinite possible values.

Thats what we did in UBL 1.0 and I think we should do the same in 2.0.

--
regards
tim mcgrath