ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Minutes UBL Atlantic call April 26 2006

Hi Mavis,

Thanks for posting these minutes so quickly.  I would like to request a
minor change. I did not clearly state what I was thinking. The last sentence
is the only change.

The minutes currently state:

Proposed: Any content not on the public review content sheet will not
be part of the UBL 2.0 content package without prior agreement of the
entire UBL TC. The PSC will need to follow this process.

They should say:

Proposed: Any content not on the public review content sheet will not
be part of the UBL 2.0 content package without prior agreement of the
entire UBL TC. The PSC and TSC will need to follow this process.

Regards,
Sylvia

-----Original Message-----
From: Mavis Cournane [mailto:mavis.cournane@cognitran.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:36 AM
To: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ubl] Minutes UBL Atlantic call April 26 2006

Dear all
below are the minutes of the Atlantic Call.

Regards
Mavis
--------------
0. Roll call
Mike Grimley
Tony Coates
Sylvia Webb
Zarella Rendon
Betty Harvey
Stephen Green
Mavis Cournane
Peter Borresen

1 STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

 From Sylvia:
17th and 18th TaxXML F2F in Madrid. Sylvia will attend.

  2.  Review of Pacific call
    Schedule review
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00107.html

Deferred

3. UN/UBL PROPOSAL
The UN/UBL proposal has been discussed at length in the UBL TC calls.
Our concerns regarding government adoption have been allayed by the
statement issued by NES.

Our conclusion is that we welcome and accept the proposal as  put forward by
Tim McGrath to the UBL List.

4. BRUSSELS UBL TC MEETING
PB: NES would like to present to the UBL TC on the 25th May in Brussels
about their work.

  Action: Jon to send out strawman agenda and add this to it.

5. ACTION ITEM REVIEW

    ACTION: Northern European, Asian, and other government
    stakeholders need to tell us this week whether the level of
    recognition seen in the draft agreement is enough to make them
    feel comfortable moving ahead with UBL 2 adoption.

    ACTION: MC to contact LSCs for reports.

     ACTION: PB to check out facilities for our May meeting in
    Brussels on his visit to CEN/CENELEC 11 April.

Radisson

  6.  NDR WORK SESSION

    Extension:
MG: The priority is getting the rules right. We broke the rules out in
to two separate rules. Rule 1 is the complex type definition.
Two options were provided.Option 2 is the NDR editors preference. The
xsd:Any element must not be used EXCEPT within the UBL extension type
definition.
Agreed
Rule 2 - THe UBL extension element must only be declared following the
UBL version element.
Agreed
Attributes are not allowed. What Brian proposed is Danish metadata and
should be in their own customisation and should be in elements.

7. Code lists:

A.  Sylvia worried about qDT schema.

B.  Tim states that uDT is no longer needed.

SG:  PSC decided on a methodology.  URLs will be used for genericode
      components within spreadsheets.

      Current proposal is to use a relative location for the URLs.

      The following 3 things are needed.

      1.  Need a place for the genericode list.
      2.  Need to add further code for transport.
      3.  NDR need attributes but don't want the
          attributes fixed in the schema to be
	 default.

Actions:
SG send list of attributes.  Discussed
	 through email and for decision on
	 Wednesday's Atlantic call.
  SW: does not understand why enumerations in
	 genericode list in the qDT unless they are
	 restrictions.  A qDT is a restriction on
	 the base list on the uDT.

7. OTHER BUSINESS

- Final Date for adding new content
Sylvia wants a cut off date for adding new content. Coming out of the
public review Sylvia suggests that this forms a future content release.
Suggestions coming out of the public review are so extensive that they
would radically change the current content.

It is only the base UBL messages and Library that is the concern here.