ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 1|2 May 2006

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 2 MAY 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Stephen Green
   Kumar Sivaraman
   G. Ken Holman

   Tim McGrath and Sylvia Webb were in transit but sent written
   reports that have been incorporated below labeled [TM] and
   [SW].

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      [TM]: Attending UN/CEFACT Symposium on Single Window
      Standards and Interoperability 5 May in Geneva.

   Liaison report: Tax XML TC

      [SW]: Missed Tax XML TC in London due to illness.  Will
      attend next F2F in Madrid 18-19 May and pick up their work
      on our request.

   Liaison report: ebBP TC

      SG: The ebBP TC needs a statement of successful use; can
      Kama provide one from CrimsonLogic?

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      JB: Finally did announce the CS; now need to update the web
      page.

   Liaison report: UN/CEFACT

      [TM]: We have advised OASIS and CEFACT of our decision.
      Mark Palmer will be meeting with Jamie Clark at the OASIS
      Symposium next week to formlize their arrangements.  Mark
      has asked me to think about "summary of the agreed current
      activities and next steps" and I will put some ideas down
      for discussion with the TC next week.

   Liaison report: X12

      KS/[SW]: Nothing happening right now.  Will be attending the
      Chicago meeting in June.

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      GKH: We're facing a crisis of resources.  On the input side,
      BR is looking to incorporate a calculation model developed
      by his colleague Allan Lund, but it's not clear how we'll
      finish work on the input forms.  HISC meetings will stop
      next week due to my travel schedule (though will try to
      attend Atlantic calls from Europe).

      JB: We're protected here by the separation of the Support
      Package from the standard itself.  If we can't get the forms
      done by the time the initial edition of the SP comes out, we
      can include them in later revisions.

      GKH: When new schemas become available [after the meeting in
      Brussels], we will have to generate XPath addresses.  This
      could be a subset of UBL 2 SBS.

      SG: Will try to help with that.

   Team report: Code Lists

      [TM]: I hope to complete the extended qDT spreadsheet today
      and send to the PSC.  I will not be able to create the
      genericode files by then, but I am not sure we need them
      until we actually create the review package.

      GKH: CL methodology 0.5 should be done tomorrow.  I won't
      work on revising the support files till we have a new review
      set of schemas.

      SG: That should be during the plenary.  Look at the qDT
      spreadsheet rather than UBL 1.0 for code list values.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      [SW]: There are no further PSC weekly calls scheduled before
      Brussels due to schedule conflicts. I do not know if ML will
      try to schedule replacement calls or not.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      [TM]: Last week worked on the Transportation Status message
      and should complete that this week. TSC has calls Wednesday
      and Thursday this week to resolve the remaining issues.  I
      will be at a face-to-face with the some of USDoT team
      members on Friday, and we can also work on their issues
      then.

   Review of Atlantic call

      No comments.

   Schedule review
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00016.html

      SG: We need an agreement in this week's Atlantic call
      regarding the rule about code list attributes, default
      vs. fixed -- we only want default, and at the moment they
      are all fixed; see emails over the last week from TM and SG.
      We need to finalize this.

      [SW]: Depending on the outcome of the discussion about the
      qDT spreadsheet for genericode and any further NDR rules
      that may be needed, there may be problems with getting FX to
      produce correct schemas by the F2F meeting or immediately
      afterwards. FX creates the qDT spreadsheet and schema
      module.

      It is extremely difficult to test any NDR rules in FX when
      the content is still undergoing significant changes,
      including a new document type from the TSC.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: SG to contact Joe Chuisano (US DoT project) regarding
   draft 2.0 SBS Despatch Advice.

      [TM]: Done.

   ACTION: TM to draft ideas for a FAQ on UN/UBL harmonization.

      [TM]: This is connected to Mark Palmer's request, and I will
      be working on it this week.

   ACTION: TM to communicate to UN/CEFACT that UBL members may not
   be able to afford to attend UN/CEFACT Forum meetings.

      [TM]: Part of the item above.

   ACTION: TM to propose that the QDT plan become an agenda item
   on last week's Atlantic call.

      [TM]: Done.  SG updated the previous qDT, and I am extending
      it with the transportation codes.

   ACTION: JB to find meeting facilities in Montreal for August
   meeting.

      "Have sent mail to Ed Buchinski; no answer yet.  GKH and SW
      will try some contacts."

      GKH: Will ping again.

      JB: Looks like I should just contact the facilities people
      at McGill directly.

   ACTION: JB to user-test GKH's draft 0.4 (see mail of 20 Feb
   with pointer to the repository).

      JB: Still working on this.  Have created some slides and
      will be presenting our CL methodology for the first time at
      the SIIA meeting in NYC 3 May.

   ACTION: JB to fit this into the support package schedule: add
   lines for PSC example instances, TSC example instances, 2.0 SBS
   for transport, UBP 2 for procurement, UBP 2 for transport.

      Pending.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC