ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 10 May 2006

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15:00 - 17:00 UTC WEDNESDAY 10 MAY 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Peter Borresen
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Mike Grimley
   G. Ken Holman
   Bryan Rassmussen
   Zarella Rendon
   Paul Thorpe
   Sylvia Webb

   JB: Note that our next Atlantic TC call will take place 7 June
   2006.  We can hold a "work session" in this time slot 17 May if
   necessary, but currently none is scheduled.

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

   Review of Pacific call

      GKH: Working on codelist methodology 0.5, which will include
      arbitrary business rules.  Will try to have this done before
      Brussels.

   Schedule review
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00107.html

      JB: To avoid spending time in Brussels on a TC review of the
      decisions of the TSC and PSC, we need to have issue
      resolutions in front of the TC no later than Monday 5/15.

      PB: We have resolutions on all but the TSC issues. Our
      objective is to send out a complete issue resolution list by
      Monday.

BRUSSELS UBL TC MEETING

   ACTION: JB to contact our hosts regarding (1) exact location of
   the CEN/CENELEC facility where we will be meeting, (2) possible
   presentations on CEN/ISSS and IDABC, (3) availability of either
   a European conference bridge or a paid line to the UBL bridge
   in the U.S., (4) availability of an internet connection, (5)
   availability of LCD projectors and white boards.

   ACTION: JB to generate a new Brussels agenda after receiving
   replies from our hosts.

   ACTION: PB to provide the address of the Radisson where we will
   be meeting Thursday 25 May and to check on internet access from
   those rooms.

   SW/PB: We need to be able to arrange calls with Kama to discuss
   conflicts (if any) between TSC content work and decisions made
   in the PSC issue resolution.

   AGREED that we need either a procedure for bringing TSC into
   the conversation as required or an agreement that TSC will
   accept whatever decisions are made during the meeting.

   SW: Will will there be another NDR draft?

   MC/MG: Our target is to have that done before the Brussels
   meeting.

   SW: No new rules for qDT/genericode?

   MC/MG: Not specifically for codelists; waiting on final
   resolution from Tim.

   AGREED that we will devote the Friday morning session 26 May to
   a meeting with Freddy De Vos (TBG1) regarding the UBL/TBG1 gap
   analysis proposed at the UN/CEFACT Forum meeting in Vancouver.

   JB: Note that if the TC is (as commonly happens) not quorate at
   the F2F, all the work in Brussels will formally be a
   recommendation to the full TC.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: JB to generate a meeting schedule template.

      Done.

   ACTION: PB to check out facilities for our May meeting in
   Brussels on his visit to CEN/CENELEC 11 April.

      PB: The 11 April meeting took place in a different building,
      so didn't get a chance to inspect the facilities, but talked
      to the CEN co-chair and was assured that everything was
      prepared.

   ACTION: SG to send list of [code list] attributes.  Discussed
   through email and for decision on Wednesday's Atlantic call.

      MG: This was about DEFAULT vs. FIXED [see below]; resolved.

NDR WORK SESSION

   From minutes of 5/3:

      2. Discussion of the code list attributes

      MHC: Those on the call were aligned that code list attribute
      values for UBL code lists should be set to 'default' rather
      than fixed.  This is necessary for customization and also in
      cases of codelists whereby we don't specify the values,
      there seems to be little point in trying to *tightly*
      specify the metadata associated with these code lists.

      ACTION: MHC to liaise with MG and update the NDR.

      Note that this decision will be final if no objections have
      been received by the time of this meeting.

   JB: No objection having been submitted, this decision is now
   final.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC